Maui in January: should I book now?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Scooter dive with scubahawk27 AAA +++ You will have a "BLAST"

This place was KILLER for rentals. MAUI DIVING Scuba Center/Snorkel Shop. Equipment Rental Nothing fancy, more local color than fancy tourist, but always stocked!

You just keep the lead, and come and swap out tanks. You get a free tank rental with a 10 fill card. We bought a 10 fill card and kept 2 full tanks in the car the entire trip. Dive whenever you want whenever the water looks good! They even let us take out 4 tanks and just double punched our cards, but didn't charge us for the extra tanks. Old Airport, Black Rock, (north) and Makena Landing (south) are good, easy dives. Especially if you do Makena with Scubahawk on the scooters!

wo, nice tip there dude! Will definitely check that out as we intend to mostly shore dive.

Our new additions to the Maui Scooter Diving fleet!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalk HD1353741880.635731.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk HD1353741880.635731.jpg
    34.9 KB · Views: 160
Oh I can hardly wait until next weekend, diving in warm water again.

Steve, we just got back and it was hard to leave. Did a combination of boat and shore dives, even being able to get down to La Perouse one day (by boat) since the conditions were so flat. We had a couple of days with light trades, so it was like diving a lake! In shore viz was okay...definitely have had better. Water temp was consistently 77 degrees on my husband's computer.

Have a great time!

Timely thread, Wife and I are also going to be out on Maui in late January. Last time we where there (5 years ago) I did a boat with Lahaina Divers and enjoyed them quite a bit, wanting to possibly do shore diving this time and read about Airport Beach earier in this thread, will look that one up. Thanks also for the rental shop link. We are staying also in the Kaanapali (sp?) area.

Any other shore diving suggestions? Wife only snorkels so any good areas what I could dive and she could snorel above me?

Thanks,

Jeff

Any other shore diving suggestions? Wife only snorkels so any good areas what I could dive and she could snorel above me?

The aforementioned Airport site could work for that. Black Rock would also be a good spot. I intend to dive the heck out of Black Rock while there since our resort is close. Perhaps we'll bump into you Grandpa. When are your dates? We are 10th - 24th.

Cheers

Mark

We will be there January 27 through 31 with the 29th and 30th open for some diving hopefully. So I guess we will miss each other. Too bad. Hope you have a great time and post when you are back!

Jeff

I'm going to be in Maui from late December for a week to early January (Saturday to Saturday). I tried booking Mike Severns Diving the last few days of December, and Pauline said they're already fully booked. I got a few days booked later in the week (January at that point) before we fly out, as well as the hammerhead dive on New Years Day with Lahaina Divers

Anyone have any suggestions for other great dive operators in Kihei?

I was shocked and appalled at how outrageously expensive rental cars are that time of year! Hertz wants about a grand for the week, and Avis and Budget are sold out!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom