maui!!! here we come!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

lol!
thanks....no...mahalo!

hey! great ideas! will try to look into it! can we bring our roller blades too??

ps> which dive op is close to the MAUI PRINCE HOTEL in Makena???????? Is it Ed Robinsons???? vs. B&B????

deputydan1:
lol!
thanks....no...mahalo!

hey! great ideas! will try to look into it! can we bring our roller blades too??

ps> which dive op is close to the MAUI PRINCE HOTEL in Makena???????? Is it Ed Robinsons???? vs. B&B????

1. Roller Blades are not a good idea. The roads are narrow and therefore dangerous for rollerblading. It is also illegal on the roads. IMHO you take your life in your hands skating on these roads. If you are determined to bring them the stretch of road in front of your hotel is new in preparation of some development across from the hotel.

2. None of the dive operators are physically located near the hotel. They book over the phone or via a tour agent. The boats leave from the Kihei Boat Harbor and you meet them there.

lol!
great info. thanks for letting us know! phew!!

do you know if there are good snorkeling sites near the maui prince?

sorry for all the questions, all!! we're so excited to go!

As always I'm a huge fan of B&B Scuba and they take off from the Kihei ramp which is as close as you can get. Their shop is a couple of miles north of the ramp but you can make arrangements over the phone or over the net.

There is good snorkling everywhere.

Enjoy yourself, I'm way jealous.

wingnut:
Islandtime, what kind of diving are you talking about in particular? Maui Dreams, to my knowledge, do shore dives only. I use them for all my weights and fills, but I'm not aware of them doing any boat dives. For boat diving I personally recommend Ed Robinson's. B & B and Mike Severns have a good reputation, though I've never dove with them. As far as the diving in January...January and February are personally my favorite time of year to dive on Maui.

We go to Maui every February (will be tehre for 2 weeks again this Feb) and I use a 3/2 titanium and am fine. I will occasionally get a little chilled towards the end of the final dive on a 3 tank dive, but I think a 5mm would be too warm for me. My fiance wears a 5mm and has commented that it is a little on the warm side for her, but she simply just pulls the neck open a little to allow some cooler water in and she's fine.

We did our AOW with Maui Dreams hence the boat dive with them. Thanks for the info I think we will try Robinsons.

Islandtime:
We did our AOW with Maui Dreams hence the boat dive with them. Thanks for the info I think we will try Robinsons.

Great company, cant go wrong, ask for Scott or Mark

Don't bother taking a charter that goes anywhere besides Molokini or Lanai. Most other spots are accessable from shore (all public shore line in Hawaii). Maui Dreams can help you with planning shore dives. I think they even have a buddy book with locals who can meet you for a swim.

Have fun!

sounds like a good plan.

do you know if they include the molokini crater or cathedrals as part of the AOW class??? that would be great!

-=dan

Back
Top Bottom