Maui buddies

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

c_star

Registered
Reaction score
Hi, I'm a new diver - I just got certified through Lahaina Divers. I had a great time in my classes and can't wait to dive more and learn more.

My husband is not interested in diving at all, so I need buddies! So does anyone have any good tips on how to find buddies here that are okay diving with newbies?

I want to do my advanced open water soon, but I'd like to get some dives under my belt before I jump right into that.

Mahalo!
Christine

Aloha Christine,
Let's keep in touch. My parents live in the Kihei area and I visit a couple of times/year. My husband is not interested in diving either. I'm thinking of visiting Feb/Mar by myself. I'll have my AOW by then and would love to do some shore dives. All I've dove so far in Maui are 5 Caves and Whiterock beach in December. The latter is a really easy entry and great for practicing.
Mahalo
Kerry

Hi Kerry,

Let's definitely keep in touch, send me a PM when you come in Feb/Mar! I'd love to do some Kihei area shore dives with you :)

Christine

If you're doing boat dives, all the dive operators I've been out with will pair up singles with a buddy, and guide trips. I went out solo for a few dives with Mike Severns Diving when my wife was working and always had a buddy. I went out solo with Kapalua Bay Divers (kayak dive, scooter dive) and since they wouldn't let me take a kayak or scooter without a divemaster had a buddy. I think Maui Dreams will do the same. You can also meet locals on the dive boats who are up for shore dives

The dive boats are a little expensive even with the kamaaina rates, so I'm looking for other locals or visitors who want to do shore dives. I should have specified! :)

Also I live upcountry but am up for dives both in South and West Maui, and come summer time hopefully some North Shore spots as well.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom