Master Diver: A different perspective from an experienced diver

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

You miss the point. AOW is basically required because most boats require that for the "good dives" Nitrox and Rescue also good idea. There is nothing wrong with advanced training but I Know you would learn more tagging along with some of your more advanced buddies on a night dive than paying $75 to $150 bucks for the course. Save the money and buy a good light. I have never been on a boat dive and asked for a Boat Diving Certification or Night Diving Certification. MSD was something PADI came up with for more money, now they got Scuba Fitness.

After seeing a lot of divers on the weekend boats, out here, Scuba Fitness seems like a great course....

Last edited:
After seeing a lot of divers on the weekend boats, out here, Scuba Fitness seems like a great coarse....

... except that fitness doesn't come from a class ... it comes from lifestyle choices. If someone's interested in making themselves fit, a specialty class is only going to point you in the right direction. I understand that the author of the PADI specialty is a fitness coach and a member of ScubaBoard.

http://www.fit-diver.com/home#!__home/about-us

There are several books available that will help you develop a long-term fitness program that is specifically targeted to scuba diving ... here are links to two that I have found particularly useful ... both also by people who are members of ScubaBoard ...

Better fitness means better diving.

Kettlebells For A Fit Diver | Health and Fitness for the Scuba Diver using nothing but awesome kettlebell training

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

Totally off subject but I'm getting back into shape just BC of diving. It is much more enjoyable when in shape. I've put on a lot since last year for a couple of reasons and its obvious underwater. I burn through air, more fatigued after the dive, more fatigued getting ready (I have to carry my gear up a big hill to my boat) etc....So i'm dropping lbs fast and working on my cardio.

Back
Top Bottom