Masks

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I think my face leaks...
I tried on several masks before I found one that was a good fit.
Most worked well with the suction test in the store, then at 10 feet dribble dribble.
Currently using the Tilos Hawk Eyes with the yellow lenses.
I would never have bought these, but I was able to test dive a friends and wow no leaks.

Don't do the suction test. Most masks pass that.

Tip your head back and extremely lightly hold the mask on and blow through your nose. Feel where the air is leaking with a wet finger. Leaks on the bottom = ok. Leaks on side or top = FAIL.

Should feel minor or even leaking, if air is gushing out of one spot, you got a problem.

Don't do the suction test. Most masks pass that.

Tip your head back and extremely lightly hold the mask on and blow through your nose. Feel where the air is leaking with a wet finger. Leaks on the bottom = ok. Leaks on side or top = FAIL.

Should feel minor or even leaking, if air is gushing out of one spot, you got a problem.
Now I have to go do the mask thing all over again. :confused:

Fit and a wide viewing angle / field are the things to pay attention to. I replaced the strap with a bungee. My best masks are Oceanic made.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom