Leaking mask when looking up

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

dare i say it....dont look up. lol in all seriousness, i had a neck seal that always let water in when i looked up. i had to be very careful and learned to move my body instead.

but in your case, many times when we look up we wrinkle our forehead by squinting or lifting our eye brows.

i wouldnt toss out a mask i really liked just because of this. it is a minor issue
It is minor but it was beginning to get annoying. My body weight has been up and down so I was beginning to wonder if my mask was properly fit when I was heavier. So glad it was a minor issue because I really like that mask.

Whenever I look up, my mask leaks. The mask is a Hollis M1 and I really like it. The strap is not on tight and when it leaks I'm not wearing a hood or anything that can obstruct the sealing surface. It feels like it's leaking from the top when I'm looking up. I've had the mask for 2yrs. Wanted to ask here first before I go out and buy another one. Thanks.
As Inquis mentioned, having the mask tighter but still comfortable should solve this. I do have friends that have facial hair and use silicone grease on their mustache and have no leaks. I wear a full beard and simply shave the area where my mask sits, works great.

Is looking up the same as looking forward when horizontal

Is looking up the same as looking forward when horizontal

I would say, from my experience, yes. I find that when I deploy an SMB from depth my mask fills with water, and after reading some of the replies on this thread I believe I have the same issue as the Op.

Don't look up.

Just kidding, funny movie...

I also have similar experience, but from mustache area.

I wear a full beard and simply shave the area where my mask sits, works great.
Yeah, I shave off my mustache and keep the rest of my beard.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom