Masks

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

junkyard_dawg

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
I just don't log dives
I'm in the market for a new mask. I currently own a Tusa Splendive II. Problem with it is that it leaks like crazy in the corner of my eyes. Didn't do this for about a year.But anyhow, I'm looking at the Cressi-sub or Sea-vision line of masks now and would like some opinions. Thanks.

I've had a SeaVision for about 4 years. Originally I started out with the colour-correcting lenses but found I would rather go clear. BTW, they are great for custom-grinding your prescription... I happen to have bifocal lenses.

My husband recently gave up his wide-view Scubapro because he finally got to the stage where that wonderful magnifying effect of the water wasn't of much help in the Bifocal Club. :wink: He bought one with the purge.

To date he's only done about a dozen dives with it so far, so the jury's still out on whether or not he truly likes it.

~SubMariner~

I've always worn Sea Vision masks. The prescription is ground into the lenses, not glued and added on and they are always exactly correct.

I used the colored lenses in the past but when I got the digital camera I was forced to break down and get bi-focals. Figured I'd try a clear mask this time. I like it OK, and students can see my eyes more clearly but I do miss my colored lenses!

I happen to have a pink-lens Seavision mask as well. I did not choose it; I won it in an underwater treasure hunt. Had not considered Dee's point about eyes being more visible thru a clear lens, but I really enjoy the colored lenses. They act as sunglasses when I'm on the surface waa-aa-aaiting for the students to descend.

2 of my buddies have the Cressi Big Eyes & love them. My husband likes to "look cool" in tiny-eyed novelty masks like the Bandit, but he never really sees that well in them. For him, I guess it's about BEING seen!
:eek:ut:

Hi Scubagruba - I'm just back from 5 days @ Ginnie, where I got to try out my new Cressi-sub Horizon. I absolutely love it! Field of vision seems twice as much as what I was used to. Low volume, and very easy to clear what little water seeped in. (beard) Wore it about 4 hrs a day for 5 says. Xcelent mask!

Thanks for all the responses. I think I'm going to try the Cressi-sub. I like the idea of a clear mask and it fits well.

If you like the SeaVision mask but want a clear one, the Sherwood Magnum Two is the exact same mask, and retails for about $30. I have one with the black silicone, which is a little softer than the clear. It's a great mask and it fits a wide range of face sizes/shapes.

Be careful with Cressi Big Eyes: great mask and stick to your face, but as soon as you put regulator and go below 15ft it might flood you bad. Do not by it without your regulator in your mouth!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom