Masks for someone with a big nose.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Coyote

Reaction score
The nose pocket in my mask is too small and digs into the bridge of my nose. does anyone have any suggestions for a purge mask with a large nose pocket?

Thanx,
Coyote

My problem is similar to yours.

I use a Scubapro XQ mask. It's got loads of glass and a purge valve. Best of all, it fits without rubbing anywhere. Other than that I would keep hitting the LDS's in your area and keep trying masks.:boom:

What brand and model are you using?

Dear Friends with big noses.....your ship has come in!

If you have a big nose and would like a really comfortable mask with a purge the Ocean Master View 3 is it!

I have recentely purchased one but not dove with it yet. But I promise you....If you need nose room this baby has it!

Coyote once bubbled...
The nose pocket in my mask is too small and digs into the bridge of my nose. does anyone have any suggestions for a purge mask with a large nose pocket?

Thanx,
Coyote

Gee... You could take your Gunner's course.... Bash your schnozola against the sights a few dozen times and it will flatten right out!

:D :D :D :D

chris3536 once bubbled...

If you have a big nose and would like a really comfortable mask with a purge the Ocean Master View 3 is it!
Trust me, the Ocean Master masks are okay for nose pocket size, but anyone with a long nose will be greatly irritated by slight rubbing on the purge mechanism as the pocket is deep but not long, Ocean Master still has cool straps though. My recommendation for a mask with a super roomy nose pocket would be the Tusa Splendive series masks, they have much larger nose pockets than Ocean Master's masks as well as most others too, but I am not sure if they have a purge model, check with LeisurePro or if your local dive shop has them go try one on. The Tusa masks are also the only masks I have found that will not leak around most mustaches even without using all the little trimming tricks.

I purchased the ocean master z4 but I did notice that the z3 has a much bigger nose pocket. The salesman in the LDS was looking for a new mask too and for him the z4 didn't fit properly but the z3 did. He said it was because of his big nose.

Back
Top Bottom