Mask with PURGE or NO PURGE ??

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I would never use a purge valve again. They aren't needed and just cause additional failure points. I had a mask with a purge and it failed. I spent more for that mask than I did for my cressi horizon and couldn't find a replacement purge valve. Very happy with my Cressi-Sub though. Much greater range of vision.

Jeremy

I have an oceanic mask with the purge valve. It's nice but part of the valve has hard plastic as part of its assembly. If I squeeze my nose to help clear the ears when they are being a little stubborn then that hard plastic jabs into by skin just above the lip. Not the most comfortable sensation.

I think next time I'll pass on the valve.

I've never had a mask with a purdge valve. Although, I've never had a problem clearing a mask with out one. That being the case I don't think I would consider one with. It's just another thing that could malfunction and if you dont need it why bother.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom