Mask fit suggestions

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

scubautah

Registered
Reaction score
I have a face that is more narrow than average and I find that most masks put pressure on my forehead above the bridge of my nose.

Anyone else have this problem getting a good fit?

Any suggestions for a mask that reduces this discomfort?

I get a squeeze up there. Could the strap be too tight at all. It just needs to be a bit snug. Thought I'de ask.

Here's the way to tell if your mask fits right to begin with. Fold the strap forward over the mask. Place the mask on your face. Hold your breath. Gently press the mask onto your face.

It should stay there as long as you are holding your breath. You should not have to press it on or suck it on. In fact, on a properly fitted mask, you can dive without a strap as long as you don't exhale out your nose.

Thanks for the replies.

I do understand how to check a mask for fit and how snug it should be.

The problem is that my forehead is more curved and masks all seem to be more flat across that region. This results in a good deal more pressure on that part of my forehead than around the other parts of the seal and it is not comfortable.

Are there any masks that anyone knows of that might not ne so "flat" across the forehead?

Check out the frameless masks that are designed to fold to fit in one's pocket.

scubautah:
Thanks for the replies.

I do understand how to check a mask for fit and how snug it should be.

The problem is that my forehead is more curved and masks all seem to be more flat across that region. This results in a good deal more pressure on that part of my forehead than around the other parts of the seal and it is not comfortable.

Are there any masks that anyone knows of that might not ne so "flat" across the forehead?

scubautah:
I have a face that is more narrow than average and I find that most masks put pressure on my forehead above the bridge of my nose.

There was a thread on this subject just recently. Look here.

scubautah:

Try the Sporasub Sniper. Sporasub is distributed by Mares.

I have a fairly narrow face and find that the Aqualung Tyke Midi fits me well. The skirt on it is small.

Good Luck!

Back
Top Bottom