• Spiny Lobster

Votes: 1 5.3%
  • Abstract Lines

Votes: 1 5.3%
  • Other

Votes: 7 36.8%

• Total voters

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
I fully understand that it would likely need retouching or redoing at some point, but I thought I would have some fun adding a simple white design to the bottom.

1647837492567.png

Racing Flames outline.

'Think this pattern looks kind of wavy watery as well. 🌊

What kind of paint can we use that stays forever and cannot be scratched out?

What kind of paint can we use that stays forever and cannot be scratched out?
I’m using oil-based Sharpie paint pens, but I do not expect it to stay forever because my fins are plastic and a hard enough surface could scratch it. It would likely stay better on rubber.

It is really hard to keep markings on fins. Mine take quite a beating between the bottom of my gear bag, sand and rock beaches, and ending up at the bottom of the gear pile in inflatables.

I switched to bungee fin straps at @MaxBottomtime's suggestion and will never go back. It also has the advantage of making them identifiable in a pile of gear.

I’m using oil-based Sharpie paint pens, but I do not expect it to stay forever because my fins are plastic and a hard enough surface could scratch it. It would likely stay better on rubber.
I use those for marking my fins. You've got to re-mark them every year or so, which I don't think is a big deal.

Scubapro used to sell a peel-back-the-paper wax "pencil" for marking rubber fins (e.g., Jet Fins) and neoprene weight belts. It worked well for writing one's initials.

I wonder if you can find something similar at your local arts and crafts hobby store.

rx7diver

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom