Marking gear...again

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

What about removing marks when you sell your used gear? I recently considered buying some used gear on eBay. One of the main reasons I didn't buy it was that is was very well marked with initials that don't match my own.

That's why I'm happy with the old silver sharpie. You might have to remark every 20-30 dives, but it is cheap, and when you start thinking about selling, just stop. :)

And to all those "I know my gear" folks:

The object isn't to be able to find your gear. The object is to stop other people from finding it, accidentally, or otherwise.

I was on a charter in the Keys, where my wetsuit matched the official "uniform" all the dive leaders had. Lo and behold, it got scooped up and taken out back, and it took some convincing to get it back. Luckily, it was marked.

Plus, I got someone else to clean my suit, always a bonus...:)

I use the Uni Pens to mark everything from canvas to steel and everything in between and they work great.

Back
Top Bottom