Marking gear...again

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

What Fairybasslet asked:::No.

I don't have to mark my equipment at all. It comes already marked
by who ever I dive with.:D

By the way thanks for the gear people.:D LOL

Dog Tags, get them online with my name, phone and address. I put one on a d-ring on my bcd, one around the knob of my reg, and anything else that will can take a tag.

Everything else gets paint pens, black or silver.

The only problem I have with the paint pen is that on plastic things like my snorkel or mask the ink tends to get sticky and runs when it hits salt water. Paint pen on neoprin workes well

You can also get paint pens at art supply stores and some WalMarts --they are usually in the craft department.

Jeff

You only have to go on one dive trip sponsored by your local dive shop to appreciate gear labels.
DAN sells tags that can be attached to gear not easily marked.

ID-My-Gear 3D Paint Marking System

bottles.jpg

display.jpg

One of my students got creative with this stuff and personalized her fins with flames . Durring the second or third dive I started to see sheets of paint floating around us and realized her flames had dissapeared. not too impressive. I havn't tried it myself tho.

If you use it on new fins or mask you've got to get the molding compound off first.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom