marking fins

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

dump

Registered
Reaction score
santa was good to me this year. i got new jet fins from him. what would be a good way to put my name on them? i lost a fin on a dive boat once. so i want to mark these.

I like to put a stripe of reflective tape on the bottoms.

Pilot-Silver Marker-Medium Point
or
Pentel-White-100W

Both seem to work reasonably well. As long as you don't mind annual re-aplication.

Sharpie permanent markers come in about 30 colors. Many of them are light colors like yellow, light green, red, orange, silver etc. Any of the light colors will show up on black fins.

TOM

Silver Sharpie - on the bottom of the blade, up near the foot pocket. Put my initials there 60 dives ago and they are still pristine.

I use a white paint pen and mark my initials so that they can be read by a diver from behind me. I marked them right by the inner part of the vent opening that doesn't touch the ground if I am standing in my fins so as no to wear on the lettering.

This may sound drastic but I installed a brass grommet in each
fin near the front. It gives me an attchment point to hang the
fins to drain and there is never any confusion between Jet Fins.

Has saved my fins more than once.

DG

Back
Top Bottom