Marking a BPW Harness for different setups?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

That was my train of thought, I was wondering if anyone else would suggest this too instead of spending £100s on a duplicate setup.

I wonder if the paint pen would wear off from the water....
Mark your harness with chalk or a paint pen where you need everything positioned, then take it to a shoe repair shop or somewhere else that has a heavy duty/industrial sewing machine....have them sew a line of stiching everywhere you have marked in one color for your cold water setup and another color for your warm water setup. The lines of stiching won't wear out/rub off or have any chemicals that might deteriorate the webbing like a paint pen might.

-Z

All of my harnesses end up with dents where the old adjustment was.

Could also use a soldering iron to melt a hole where the adjustment was.

I doubt paint will last.

Two locking triglides/weight keepers.
One on the shoulder straps where they enter the plate at the bottom to mark the "short" length. One on the waist belt where it enters the plate to mark the "long" length.
2 minutes tops. No it's not DIR but whatever.

You'll eventually have an aluminum plate for travel and a stainless for drysuit but this works. Just keep an eye on the used market.

you're all wearing your plates too tight

Screenshot (1038).png

This might be of help. I had this problem and this is what I came up with. My situation is a bit more complicated, since I have a utility pouch and a crotch strap quick release buckle that I like to keep centered. Before doing this, I would also have to adjust the position of the pocket and crotch strap buckle, if I went from a wetsuit to a drysuit. Time to adjust, about 10 seconds.

All you need is a second buckle.

we dive all combinations of singles and doubles, wet and dry, local and vacation diving, and quickly realized it's a real PITA to keep readjusting harnesses. Especially since I was responsible for the gear for 2 divers, wearing a wide range of thermal protection. we eventually ended up with 3 rigs each.... a doubles rig with steel plate and 40 lb wing (local drysuit) a singles rig with steel plate and 40lb wing (local drysuit and 8mm semidry) and a travel rig with a carbon plate and dgx 30lb wing (vacation/ air travel 3-5mm wetsuit) We just grab and go now, confident we have the right tool for the job, with minimal to no fussing about.

I use the same harness setting for drysuit and 3mm. The stability comes from a tight waist belt / crotch strap, which is trivial to achieve with either exposure suit. No messing about with the shoulder straps required.

Whether im in my wetsuit or my Drysuit I need to re adjust my harness to fit what im wearing with my exposure protection. This can be a bit of a faff when everyone is setup and ready to go and im still adjusting my harness to fit my drysuit from where it was set for my wetsuit and vice versa.
There must be a better way to do this?
Get a Sub Gravity Adjustable Harness System. It's clean, simple and no plastic parts. I have one on my Sub Gravity BP/W set up and I love it. Adjustable Harness System - SubGravity

Get a Sub Gravity Adjustable Harness System. It's clean, simple and no plastic parts. I have one on my Sub Gravity BP/W set up and I love it. Adjustable Harness System - SubGravity

The Sub-Gravity adjustable harness is very nice but if one has spare webbing already, or a one piece/hogarthian harness that has a bit of extra length, it can be converted to the something nearly identicle to the Sub-G harness by purchasing a pair of adjustable quick release shoulder hardware available at piranhadivemanufacting.com for much less.

1703988524514.png

Couple the adjustable hardware with some tri-glides and voila. Here is a video by Sub-Gravity to give one an idea of how to put it all together:

-Z

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom