Mark your fins... how?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I used to put my initials on with nail polish but that was only for identification and not good for being seen underwater.

In the meanwhile the scuba goop dried nicely overnight. Asked the buddy to check how good it remains visible underwater when swimming behind me. He gave me the wrong answer to that ("I don't swim behind you. I swim next to you... So I will never have to look for you")

Going on a yellow duct tape hunt today.

Thanks for your ideas and input :)

I used to put my initials on with nail polish but that was only for identification and not good for being seen underwater.

Identifying gear is easy to do. That's the purpose of the scuba goop as well. And I must say: it stays on pretty well.
Making yourself recognizable underwater requires some more tricks :)

Pretty hard to miss me with these fins. These were taken last week in India. Obviously my recommendation is yellow fins.

p3832866043-5.jpg

p3832866040-5.jpg

That's the purpose. Thx for the result photo :)
I'm sold for the yellow duct tape now. Easy, clean, fast and highly visible.

You’re welcome. The yellow tape definitely shows up better than the eagle ray in the background.

White seems to stand out the best in lower viz conditions

View attachment 569378

Initially I wanted to buy the Scubapro Jetfins in yellow or the grey camouflage version (with lots of white in). Unfortunately it seemed a hassle for my DS to find those in the right size in the first place and having them come over would have made them cost even more. Plus they were heavier to handle. Hence the change in plans and the buying of OBS Slipstream fins.... in black.
Ah well, diving is not a catwalk show.

You’re welcome. The yellow tape definitely shows up better than the eagle ray in the background.
Undoubtably. I didn't even notice it until you mentioned it :)
Your first picture is about the visibility we always dive in so some features which make you stand out are not a luxury.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom