Marijuana - Consequences from Use and Diving

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Here is a link:
http://www.scubaboard.com/faq.php?faq=tos_items#faq_scubaboard_tos

Here is the paragraph specific (highlights are mine):

No post should exceed a "workplace friendly" rating (defined). Profane, insulting or mean spirited language is simply not allowed here. Neither is any sort of harassment or bullying. Threats of any sort are grounds for immediate banishment. While the debates may wax passionate, there is no need to revert to personal attacks. If you feel that you have been attacked, please do not retaliate and instead use this button (Report Bad Post) at the bottom of the post to notify us. No trolling or flaming of any sort is allowed in any section of the board! Posts advocating or condoning illegal activity are also not allowed on ScubaBoard.

Once again, this thread was created to discuss whether or not one would dive with an impaired diver.

Let's all return to the topic of the thread . . . it is a good one!

If you want to discuss the position of the ScubaBoard with respect to this matter, feel free to PM me and we'll discuss it.

Thanks . . .

The Kraken

The Kraken:
To that end, I would encourage the participants of this thread to re-read the TOS of ScubaBoard.com, in particular to TOS/Forum TOS/Paragraph 7 - last sentence. This is the TOS to which each member has agreed in order to become a member of the ScubaBoard.com.

The Kraken
Do you mean this one?
"Posts advocating or condoning illegal activity are also not allowed on ScubaBoard."

If you do, then you need to make the TOS a bit clearer. Smoking weed is NOT universally illegal.

For the rest...interesting comments about Florida & US law. That makes things much clearer. I never knew it was illegal in the US to talk about smoking a bit of weed.

On the other hand...as with drinking and quite a few other things,,,getting stoned before diving is quite simply a bad idea. There's absolutely no need to censor people who are all basically saying the same thing.!

While I'll take the position that any mind altering drug does not mix safely with diving, one point that seems to have been overlooked in this thread is that there is a huge difference between taking a couple of hits and smoking to innihilation.

The Kraken:
Once again, this thread was created to discuss whether or not one would dive with an impaired diver.
Actually...that's another attempt to tell me how to think. The thread title quite clearly states it's about the..."Consequences from Use and Diving". The edited posts which quite clearly attempted to list some of those consequences were definitely not off topic. (and a matter of personal belief as to whether they were 'illegal' or not)

lazyturtle:
Illegal: So what.
So it is illegal. Advocating illegal activities is against the Scubaboard TOS, terms you agreed to abide by when you signed up. So are you true to your word, or not?
lazyturtle:
When you drive over the speed limit, that’s illegal (and dangerous). So are a whole host of things that we all do on a regular basis.
To advocate speeding would be a violation of the TOS as well.
lazyturtle:
If the stranger next to you breaks the law, you're not responsible.
When it comes to speeding, that's true, only the driver gets the ticket. But when it comes to illegal drug possession, everybody in the car, in the room, or on the boat is usually going to be busted. Regardless of the eventual outcome - and we all hope and pray the legal system can successfully, eventually separate the innocent from the guilty - everybody there gets to endure a major hassle. Keep it out of my house, out of my car, out of my office building, and off my boat.
Rick

Rick Murchison:
So it is illegal.
No Rick......I'm sorry......it's only illegal SOME PLACES. For this argument that is being thrown up to carry any weight it needs more definition. You can't have your cake and eat it too! If this is about what is illegal in the US then make it clear that's what the story is....and can the pretense of *international*. It comes over as pure hypocrisy to just about everyone outside the US, and actually quite a few inside as well from what I can see.

Again....for the record.....while I obviously can't see the deleted posts any more, I don't recall that ANY of them actually advocated diving while stoned on weed. I believe that anyone reading this thread would get an overwhelming impression that the entire, 100% consensus, is stating unequivocally that it would be an extremely bad, unsafe, and foolish idea to do so.

Kim:
No Rick......I'm sorry......it's only illegal SOME PLACES. For this argument that is being thrown up to carry any weight it needs more definition.
GMAB!
You well know that the board is physically located in the United States.
There is a great benefit in that, because we can allow many things to be said here that are illegal to even say in many parts of the world.
At the same time, we don't allow the advocacy of activities illegal under US law.
Kim:
You can't have your cake and eat it too!
Is that clear now?
Rick

Rick Murchison:
GMAB!
You well know that the board is in the United States.
There is a great benefit in that, because we can allow many things to be said here that are illegal to even say in many parts of the world.
At the same time, we don't allow the advocacy of activities illegal under US law.

Is that clear now?
Rick
Yes I know the board is in the US...but it has pretensions to be *international*. It would be far clearer to simply say it's run under US norms and values and be done with it.
As far as "advocacy" is concerned though - I don't remember a single person advocating the practice of diving while stoned. Personally, I'd think it was a far better call to pull such a post for safety reasons rather than whining about legal or illegal if that's what happened. People simply saying that they'd done it...but universally saying that they'd probably been rather dumb to do so doesn't strike me as "advocacy" though - so I don't think that's what happened at all. Sorry.

By the way......what the hell is GMAB???? Never heard of it...

Kim:
No Rick......I'm sorry......it's only illegal SOME PLACES. For this argument that is being thrown up to carry any weight it needs more definition. You can't have your cake and eat it too! If this is about what is illegal in the US then make it clear that's what the story is....and can the pretense of *international*. It comes over as pure hypocrisy to just about everyone outside the US, and actually quite a few inside as well from what I can see.

Again....for the record.....while I obviously can't see the deleted posts any more, I don't recall that ANY of them actually advocated diving while stoned on weed. I believe that anyone reading this thread would get an overwhelming impression that the entire, 100% consensus, is stating unequivocally that it would be an extremely bad, unsafe, and foolish idea to do so.

Well said.
Agree.:coffee:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom