Marijuana - Consequences from Use and Diving

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

adurso:
Possession of marijuana is unlawful in the US.
So what? There are several places in the world that it isn't and the TOS absolutely doesn't define 'illegal' as 'under US law'. If it's going to be moderated like that though, someone should get honest, cut the crap, and simply state in the TOS that this is a US board governed by US laws! :wink: Then there would be no problem.

Kim:
So what? There are several places in the world that it isn't and the TOS absolutely doesn't define 'illegal' as 'under US law'. If it's going to be moderated like that though, someone should get honest, cut the crap, and simply state in the TOS that this is a US board governed by US laws! :wink: Then there would be no problem.

I was answering howarde's question.....he asked where pot is illegal, and stated that pot is legal in several states, which it is not...

Personally I think all recreational drugs should be legalized, and taxed...Darwin will go to work and the associated victimless crimes will atrophy

Look, it's about pot use and diving. Diving is hard enough clear-headed...

daniel f aleman:
That's been asked and answered Daniel - I haven't seen anyone posting that it's a good idea. There are though several people who had some experience to relate - none of them were advocating it as I recall.......but apparently even saying that you'd done it was considered too much. I agree with Howarde.

daniel f aleman:

My post is about those people who had posts deleted from this thread (not me) - who stated that they had gone diving after smoking pot. If they can't post that, then the thread should be titled, "Marijuana - don't mix it with diving - post your support for this statement here" -

I don't have any idea why posts get pulled, generally - and I've stated such a hundred times - but if a poster advocates marijuana use, would that cross the TOS line? I don't know, does it?

howarde:
My post is about those people who had posts deleted from this thread (not me) - who stated that they had gone diving after smoking pot. If they can't post that, then the thread should be titled, "Marijuana - don't mix it with diving - post your support for this statement here" -
Agreed.

howarde:
Apparently though - throwing pool balls at people is perfectly acceptable! :shakehead

daniel f aleman:
I don't have any idea why posts get pulled, generally - and I've stated such a hundred times - but if a poster advocates marijuana use, would that cross the TOS line? I don't know, does it?
The Kraken:
... I have deleted a couple of posts in this thread. Why? The posts indicated an advocation of the use of a controlled substance while scuba diving.
The ScubaBoard.com does not condone or advocate the use of controlled substances or illegal activities...
The Kraken

I know an extremely experienced live aboard dive boat capt. who has told me that sometimes he just has to get high and drop down to 300 ft to chill for a while (solo on air)... I have no reason to doubt the veracity of his statement. Some people are able to smoke and dive, but in my experience narcosis and THC work synergistically, which seems far too dangerous to me.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom