Marijuana - Consequences from Use and Diving

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hillmorton Scubie:
IM STILL ASTOUNDED
I AM SO DISAPPOINTED WITH THE REPLY'S TO MY POST.---ME ME ME THATS ALL I SEE.
People have the RIGHT to do what the hell they like.
Does an Insta buddy have the RIGHT to put me at risk. !!
Hillmorton Scubie
Sorry... what exactly is it that astounds and disappoints you?

I'd say it's unacceptable to me to dive with someone who is impaired by drugs, and likewise unacceptable to assume the responsibilities of a dive buddy while so impaired. What would you like to see in this thread, if disapproval is insufficient?

In my experience, when diving with an "instabuddy", it's best to assume they're a disaster waiting to happen. As I see it, no buddy is reliable until they have shown me that they are. It's wrong (morally) for your instabuddy to put you at risk, but it's also wrong (sensibly) to assume that an instabuddy will be a capable dive partner. IMHO, the very fact that you didn't know her should cast her value as a buddy in a probationary/provisional light.

HHHMMNN somebody forgot to tell the kids I went to highchool with and the one I went to College with that Marijuana doesnt make you forget things and doesnt have lower grades. The majority of my friends started to look like sean penn in fast times at ridgemont high. Guess us southern folk can't handle the weed. Look at Bill Clinton could remeber he slepth with Monica.

Hillmorton Scubie:
IM STILL ASTOUNDED
Hillmorton Scubie
???? Just what part disapoints you?
... most have answered what they thought about it, most in the context of what if it happened to them .. isn't that what you wanted?

Hey man, could somebody please pass me an Oreo? This thread is giving me the munchies.

Hillmorton Scubie:
IM STILL ASTOUNDED
Hillmorton Scubie

Must be great to be ASTOUNDED so easily! :balloon
"---ME ME ME THATS ALL I SEE"

What do you want? ---YOU YOU YOU ? :confused:

Different strokes for different folks.:coffee:

If you don't approve of a dive buddy, scrap the dive.

daniel f aleman:
Any use of any substance that alters physiology can be a hazard to diving. Simple.
Daniel, ingesting food alters physiology, as does using a warm towel. If you're dehydrated and drink a glass of water, it alters your physiology. Nice attempt at sweeping generalization though.

For some reason this whole conversation got me thinking about smoking weed WHILE diving. Just need an electric lighter, a coke bottle and a 2nd stage and that bong should work just fine underwater :) This from someone who doesn't even smoke.....

Seriously though, why waste money on weed when you can just dive deep on air? :)

~Jess

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom