Marianna Trip Report (w/ photos)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Clearly I misunderstood the original post so I apologize. I thought BOTH of you were in the water when he decided to venture solo. Again, not trying to say if it's right or wrong. Several divers I dive with do solo cave (including my instructor) so I'm not judging it. I'm sorry if I gave that impression.

As for the CF200, I only know two people who dive dry neoprene. Again, Im just not used to seeing them, thus my question.

Again, my apologies if my comments were not taken as basic questions. They really were just intended that way.

loosebits:
That's the DUI CF200 suit, same as a trilam suit (no compressibility). It has an exhaust in the std place, just isn't in the photos.

Why should I be concerned? He is a good buddy, very aware of his environment and we've done quite a few cave dives together. It was his decision and his solo diving in no way affects my safety. I am concerned but for him, not me. I was sitting comfortably on the boat when he did his solo dive (he didn't just take off and leave me in the cave on my own). He is a very safe diver and I wouldn't dive with him were it otherwise.

Ultimately it's a risk/rewards judgement. For him, any additonal risks are worth it. Many would argue that solo cave diving is actually safer. Either way, it is solely his decision and after expressing my inital concerns to him and playing a round of what-if, there is nothing more for me to do and I'll not consider him reckless because he chooses to solo dive just as I don't want someone to consider me reckless because I cave dive.

No problem, I was just preparing myself for yet another DIR/stroke debate :)

Nah, not from me man. I still have my stroke card at the FRONT of my Cert card collection! :)

Crazyduck:
Guess, I should not talk about my sidemount kit and rebreather combination…

Why not? I'm planning on getting one of those Armadillo setups, and doing a KISS/Meg/Ouroboros orientation this summer.

Lets see-

Armadillo BC $550.00
http://www.golemgear.com/pc-33-2-armadillo-sidemount-exporation-harness.aspx

Kiss- $ 5,500.00 and up
Meg- $10,000.00 (depending on electronics, neoprene lungs and accessories)
Boris $12,000.00 (training in UK or Egypt
Training for the Boris might happen later this year or maybe next.
Dude- that’s some serious money

Happy hunting…
Andrew

PerroneFord:
Why not? I'm planning on getting one of those Armadillo setups, and doing a KISS/Meg/Ouroboros orientation this summer.

Man, are you NUTZ!

I'm not getting THREE rebreathers! Just one. And it'll probably be a year or slightly longer before I buy ANY of them.

Training for the Boris is available right now. Not sure what you mean. We have a couple at the shop in fact.

loosebits:
His primary died on him just sort of his turn.
Was that one of those Salvos you guys got awhile back?
Anyways on a good note welcome back .
Sounds like it was a great road trip and just think Akumal is knocking on y'alls door.
Man do I want to go there. You guys must be living right.

TTYL
Dave

Teknadv3x:
Was that one of those Salvos you guys got awhile back?
Anyways on a good note welcome back .
Sounds like it was a great road trip and just think Akumal is knocking on y'alls door.
Man do I want to go there. You guys must be living right.

TTYL
Dave

Nope, he's diving a Sartek 18W, 9AH (just ran out of juice). Rick and I are on the Salvos but Rick couldn't make this trip. He had some nasty things to say to me after I sent him a single text message that said "Twin" :)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom