Mares X-Vision self adjusting strap

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I found myself constantly tugging on the straps of my X-Vision to keep it tight. Perhaps I like to keep it tighter than many to seal over my 'tash. I took a look at and plan to buy one of the neoprene/buckle straps before the next dive.

I didn't see the loosening as a 'design feature', just a nuisance.

K.

The only thing I don't love about my X-Vision is that it has a narrower gauge on the strap where it goes through the buckles. I should probably get a spare to eliminate any problems.

On the other hand, the mask fits great, I have never had a problem adjusting it with or without a hood, I have never had a problem with the strap slippage through the buckle, and I would buy it again in a second. I love the field of vision from side to side and looking down.

If any of you X-Vision fans know how to go about getting a spare strap, I'd like to hear. Haven't found one for sale anywhere but was thinking about contacting Mares. It's kind of a unique creature.

Kevin

Back
Top Bottom