Mares Tanks ? Where can they be found

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

shippy__

New
Reaction score
Hi all
New to diving only up to about dive 12 and had some exceptional experiences already, I have already kitted myself up with all the mares gear
Dragon AT
Carbon reg
Raptor fins
Mission 1 console
Essence liquid skin
MV ocy
Mares booties
and some other non-mares gear
Suunto D4
freediving suit

Standing in my local dive shop flicking though the Mares catalogue i came across some Mares scuba tanks where can these be purchased, my dive shop tells me i can’t get them in Aus ( my local shop is very narrow minded and does not like the internet)

Why ever do you want everything to be the same brand? Nothing against Mares, but it's typical for people to wind up with a mix of gear of all different brands - choosing individual items by what works best for them, not brand so much.

Why ever do you want everything to be the same brand? Nothing against Mares, but it's typical for people to wind up with a mix of gear of all different brands - choosing individual items by what works best for them, not brand so much.

I did not know this was a thread on how many brands someone has in there kit but to answer your question; I researched the heck out of all my gear and within my own taste and finding positive reviews I ended up with what I ended up with and that works best for me, it had nothing to do with a Mares obsession as you assumed

dont think mares makes cylinders
try sherwood they've been in business for ever
im not brand loyal to any body if it feels good i buy it expensive or cheap
cheers

I did not know this was a thread on how many brands someone has in there kit but to answer your question; I researched the heck out of all my gear and within my own taste and finding positive reviews I ended up with what I ended up with and that works best for me, it had nothing to do with a Mares obsession as you assumed
whatever. If you only want answers you want to hear, or that you deem precisely appropriate to your question, you'll probably be aggravated by this board.

I asked a reasonable question. Sometimes new divers will buy mostly all the same brand for various not good reasons, not yet realizing they are not good reasons. Sometimes they even come on here and ask if it's ok to mix brands. If you know it all, great.

Hi, Thanks for asking this question and also thanks for purchasing your Mares equipment. To address your question re: Tanks. I'm located here in N. America and we do not offer the tanks. Primarily because of the cost to ship them from EU to America. I cannot speak for Australia, as I am not intimately aware of the arrangement and or costs. It is very likely Mares branded tanks are not available in Australia. So your dive store is probably accurate.

I hope this helps answer your question! Thanks again for asking.

Best regards,

Zak

Damselfish, no offense taken re: your Mares comment. If you also read his post, he does have equipment not Mares, ie: Suunto computer, some other non Mares equipment. The products he has chosen are all top of the line, and I'm sure they work great for him. It is completely reasonable for a consumer to stick with one brand, example servicing could be easier if the store he frequents is a good partner with the brands they sell, products are similar resulting in better familiarity with the gear, in addition while not critical the aesthetics have continuity. At any rate he did propose a legitimate quesition and I would prefer we not attempt to question someones decisions based on brand but rather encourage and applaud them for owning their personal gear. This will ultimately lead to more diving, more comfort, and in theory a better diver.

Best regards,

Post read like a brand fan boy to me too. I can not think of a single reason to want a specific brand tank like that. Just get what your LFS offers - especially in an aluminum. They are almost all exactly the same. Shipping eats up the savings on ordering most tanks.

dont think mares makes cylinders
try sherwood they've been in business for ever
im not brand loyal to any body if it feels good i buy it expensive or cheap
cheers

Good luck finding tanks manufactured by Sherwood :D

There are very few active manufacturers of scuba tanks, although some companies put their own label on as a marketing ploy to make people "feel good" like er... Sherwood

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom