Mares Regs / BC and Nitrox

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

fftdbz

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I have a Mares V32 1st stage with a Mares Proton Metal Second Stage + Rebel Octo and a Mares Vector Epic BC.
These were purchased in the UK and I was intending to use them with Nitrox (<40%). Can someone please tell me whether it would be safe to do so? I read somewhere that only the US supplied regs of that model are Nitrox compatible.

Cheers

Good point. Sorry, I was being a bit dim. That's probably where I read it originally.
I downloaded a few manuals and the same text appears for a few models: Mares.jpg

It would be interesting to know what the differences are between the US and European versions of the regulators.

Anyone for Mares around?

Yes you can.

There is no difference using nitrox 40 or less. That is a statement that some use to get people to pay for cleaning and service they really do not need. Any reg, out of the box, or bc for that matter can be used with up to 40% with no additional service required. Any shop that tells you different run away from as fast as you can. The ONLY thing that needs to be O2 cleaned in a recreational setting with mixes under 40% is your tank, and that is if they are using partial pressure blending to get the mix where pure O2 is added to the tank before anything else. Banked, or continuous blending does not require the tanks to be O2 clean even though some shops may insist on it. They will also require you pay for a godawful looking 6 inch wide bumper sticker that says nitrox.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom