Mares power plana or hollis f1 or deep6 eddy

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Kareemovitch

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Hello experts
Hope all are fine
I will finish my dive master course then thinking about doing some specialties courses & need to upgrade my cressi reaction fins i think its better for snorkeling not diving
Need your support about three fins which is more better for warm salt water using wet suit 5mm...
I think serious about plana fins which is near to neutral & in stock here in shops than deep 6 which is need to order on line with shipping fees
Waiting ur ideas if any thing else better

Regards
Kareem

Unless you need the extra weight of the F1s to trim out, the Deep Six Eddy fins are the way to go. From looking at reviews of the Mares on LeisurePro it looks like the Mares fins are fairly heavy too, although popular with reviewers. An alternative to the Eddy fin which might be more available for you is the OMS Slipstream.

From the Fins, Masks, and Snorkels section:
Might try some Power Planas. My wife sometimes dives them. I accidentally grabbed them for a rec boat dive and I felt like I spent an hour walking up steps. When I handed them up at the ladder, the DM almost dropped them and said, "Man, those are some fins." :) Geez they are heavy.

I can't speak to the Mares fins, but I own and have used both the Hollis F1's and the Deep6 Eddy fins. I love the buoyancy of the Deep6's... they're by far my favorite fin (between ScubaPro Jet Sport Fins, Hollis F1's and of course, the Deep6's).

I can't speak to the Mares fins, but I own and have used both the Hollis F1's and the Deep6 Eddy fins. I love the buoyancy of the Deep6's... they're by far my favorite fin (between ScubaPro Jet Sport Fins, Hollis F1's and of course, the Deep6's).
i love it too ...my only problem with deep6 only too much price (more than 190 euro including shipping)

I think @rongoodman probbaly said it best. The Hollis F1s are heavy and quite negatively buoyant. So unless you need the negative buyoancy to help level out your trim the Deep 6 is probably the fin to go with. You mentioned pricing being a factor and generally the Hollis F1s are the most of expensive of your three listed options. Now of those three fins, I only have experience with the F1s and I love them. They are quite stiff and when you kick them....they go. I'm intrigued by the Deep 6 Eddys but can't quite justify buying another set of fins at the moment, especially something my LDS doesn't carry since I'm in a DM program with them. But if someone could talk them into carrying them....

Even Mares says the Power Plana's are negative in water.

As an alternative, Apeks RK3 HD fins are just barely negative in the water and have a compact jet fin style. You might be interested in one. (Wanna buy one?) I found them great fins but I need slightly more weight on my feet to trim out better. They have a very generous foot pocket and good spring strap.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom