Mares power plana or hollis f1 or deep6 eddy

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Even Mares says the Power Plana's are negative in water.

Power Plana are indeed negative. They are best when you dive dry. Been using them for of couple of years now. Heavy indeed (1,1 kg / 2,2 pounds each), negative, very large feet pocket (ideal with rock boots) and very stiff, but very enjoyable with my dry suit. Tried them in the pool once, for fun, just with swimming trunks on... I dropped to the bottom while swimming... :D

I own all 3. If you want a negative fin get the Hollis. That's what I use when diving dry. When I'm wet I use the deep 6s. That being said I prefer the Eddy Fins by far. I just posted an in depth review on them.

Deep 6 Eddy OW wreck review

I used Mares fins for almost 30 years, then I tried Hollis F2s, wouldn't go back now, I even use them with my drysuit.

Sorry for the shipping.. we get dimensions charges and it sucks. That said in a few hours there will be a sales price in some eddy fins in a new color

I really want to try a pair of the Eddy's, but for classes, etc. I have to dive brands they carry. I hear nothing but good things, though.

Power Plana are indeed negative. They are best when you dive dry. Been using them for of couple of years now. Heavy indeed (1,1 kg / 2,2 pounds each), negative, very large feet pocket (ideal with rock boots) and very stiff, but very enjoyable with my dry suit. Tried them in the pool once, for fun, just with swimming trunks on... I dropped to the bottom while swimming... :D
From where you get it?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom