Mares M1 RGBM

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Bought my M1 from LP.... No problems at all with it, granted I've only got about 40 dives on it. You get past the user friendly thing after you pull your hair out once or twice... Fumble with it a bit and suddenly it all falls into place. I really like mine...so much so that I bought the interface. Now I can catch up my log book after a couple weeks of being lazy!

The Mares M1 is *NOT* full RGBM, it uses the same 10 compartment modified haldanian model as the older versions, with a folded RGBM add-on. See the instruction manual p. 28.

FLL Diver once bubbled...
$234.95 at Leisure Pro

Marc

I believe that is the price for the old non-RGBM model. The LP webside makes no mention of RGBM and there are many of the old M1's around for sale.

sws once bubbled...
The Mares M1 is *NOT* full RGBM, it uses the same 10 compartment modified haldanian model as the older versions, with a folded RGBM add-on. See the instruction manual p. 28.

Talking with one of the Mares reps, they think they have an exclusive on RGBM and they don't even have the full monty!

Besides which, RGBM is of very limited usefulness for recreational diving IMO. But its a nice buzz word for selling rec computers.

MD

Opinions? I am not yet Nitrox certified, but plan to soon. Price is a big factor, and Divers Direct has it for $249.00.
Thanks in advance for your input.=-)

the RGBM version of the M1 wrist computer and have been very pleased with it. It is a little more expensive than the original version but well worth it in my opinion. You can get it at the following address.

http://www.island-scuba.com

Cheers, Jim

explains it better than I ever could. But, I mainly got it because it incorporates deep stops which have been shown to improve off-gassing. Even NAUI is now recommending that recreational divers use them.

With me it is more of safety issue than anything else, since my wife dives one as well. I actually never look at the thing (except on ascent, while I fine tune my ascent speeds) since the dive is planned before diving.

I do however use it to keep track of what my dive profiles look like and then compare them to other dive software that is available. This helps me to learn what the profile should look like and then change it to what looks better on future dives.

http://www.rgbm.mares.com/html/eng/rgbm/index.asp?lang=eng

I'm bookmarking the page and will have to read it over several times to try and make sense of it. I'm not the brightest bulb in the package, so I'll probably need lots of pictures to go along with it.:wink: Thanks for the reference, and I'll start reading now.
Kurt

_Kurt_ once bubbled...
Opinions? I am not yet Nitrox certified, but plan to soon. Price is a big factor, and Divers Direct has it for $249.00.
Thanks in advance for your input.=-)

I guy that was diving with us in the Red Sea had his Mares flood last week. He had it less than a year...

Not sure that makes it bad though he may have just been careless when replacing the battery....

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom