Mares LOOP 15x

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Joven

New
Reaction score
Does anybody here have some experience with the new Mares LOOP 15x regulator, also opinions would be very welcomed. As I understand the bubbles dispersion to the sides are good for the fov and photographers, its light so suitable for travel and it is a high performance regulator as well (cold/warm/deep). The primary hose routes behind your shoulder and under either arm and then up into your mouth, reducing chances of your hose catching on anything or being damaged and makes you more streamlined.

As a sport diver, interested in photography and wreck diving i might be interested... is it a vertical revolution?

I have no experience with it, but it looks like a nice reg for single tank diving. In fact it's very much like the streamlined open water setup except with a traditional side intake reg you would use an elbow to route the hose down and under your arm.

One reason I would be reluctant to buy it is if you knew you were eventually going to move to doubles and a long hose. I don't think I would want a bottom intake reg for a long hose as it would likely be more cumbersome wrapping the hose around your neck and want to twist the reg out of your mouth. But again if you knew you were never going to dive doubles it looks like a nice design for under the arm routing on a 40 inch hose.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom