Mares Isotherm

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

mrscubastar

Registered
Reaction score
I have just tried out the new Mares Isotherm 6.5mm semi dry suit.

All I can say is... WOW!!!!!!!!!!!

I have never been so warm diving! I was in the water for a total of about 60 min (11/12 Deg Celcuis) and didn't feel the cold at all.

My hat is off to Mares, what an amazing suit. I would highly recommend anyone cold water diving to buy one - even the guys with dry suits got cold before I did!!!! More than worth the NZD$1000 retail tag.

Up until now I've been wearing a Pinnacle Polar semi dry, which is a great suit, but pales in comparison to the Mares version.

mrscubastar:
I have just tried out the new Mares Isotherm 6.5mm semi dry suit.

All I can say is... WOW!!!!!!!!!!!

I have never been so warm diving! I was in the water for a total of about 60 min (11/12 Deg Celcuis) and didn't feel the cold at all.

My hat is off to Mares, what an amazing suit. I would highly recommend anyone cold water diving to buy one - even the guys with dry suits got cold before I did!!!! More than worth the NZD$1000 retail tag.

Up until now I've been wearing a Pinnacle Polar semi dry, which is a great suit, but pales in comparison to the Mares version.

Good to hear you like them. i had the older Isotherm Without the inner membrane aroun the chest area and thought that was great until i got into some really cold water about 9 Deg C and found it a tad cold around the chesty bits and ended up buying a rip curl hotskin to wear as well prob solved. Well that old suit is dead and burried. The new one took it's place and is a great gigger.
Stuey2

Does the air get trapped into the Isotherm and is there any kind of squeeze at depth. I've been interested for one for the longest time.

ScubaSarus:
Does the air get trapped into the Isotherm and is there any kind of squeeze at depth. I've been interested for one for the longest time.

The air does trap but is a simple fix sit up-right in the water before the dive and pull out the neck seal to burp out the air. During the dive extend one arm towards the surface and do the same with a wrist seal. I havn't felt any sort af Squeeze. But i do reckon that if the suit is too big you may feel some sort of squeeze.
Stuey2

ScubaSarus:

There are several threads on the Isotherm floating around if you want more info.
I have a Isotherm and really like it. Burping it is no issue, just do like STUEY2 said. My neck seal is loose enough that if I do a giant stride it will self burp. If you get deep and get a squeeze simply open a seal and let water in, should take care of it.

ScubaSarus:

Yeah I found that there was some air getting trapped in there, but as above, the suit seemed to self burp more often than not. I didn't get any suit squeeze happening either - and to stay as warm as I did in NZ waters was worth any trapped air hassels that for sure!

mrscubastar:
Yeah I found that there was some air getting trapped in there, but as above, the suit seemed to self burp more often than not. I didn't get any suit squeeze happening either - and to stay as warm as I did in NZ waters was worth any trapped air hassels that for sure!

The only time that i found that air trapped and had to Burp the suit was when i folded the seals back to get someeven better shield against really cold water.But like i said the fix is simple. Has any one folded thier seals (shiny side against your skin) does go along way towards keeping really warm.
Stuey2

STUEY2:
The only time that i found that air trapped and had to Burp the suit was when i folded the seals back to get someeven better shield against really cold water.But like i said the fix is simple. Has any one folded thier seals (shiny side against your skin) does go along way towards keeping really warm.
Stuey2

I find that mine leak bad when I fold them under. Of course I have small ankles and wrists.

Y'all folks that have Isotherms and are happy with them (especially those with the new ones with the chest gasket): how do you hood? "Drysuit" hood? Tuck-in? Hooded vest?

I assume that mine doesn't have the chest gaket since I have no idea what you are talking about.

My suit came with a seperate dry suit hood but I have only used it twice. I use a regular Henderson 5/3 hood and don't tuck it in. Works just fine.

Back
Top Bottom