Mares -ice reg noisey

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

wetwilly

Registered
Reaction score
Hello, i was wondering if anybody has else that has this reg notices a honking sound comming from the reg on inhalation, my LDS tells me its part of the design(small reg ) that causes the noise , and nothing to be done about it , i am not a "reg tech" but i think it is a repairable problem, thanx

DementialFaith:
All new regs honk, they just go away in time.
Really..? the LDS has sold ten of these to date and only two have this problem , i have used a buddys that is fine , I have never heard before that all regs honk ?
is that Mares or ALL regs ?

wetwilly:
Really..? the LDS has sold ten of these to date and only two have this problem , i have used a buddys that is fine , I have never heard before that all regs honk ?
is that Mares or ALL regs ?

I will be interested to hear the verdict...I am contemplating this reg as my next purchase.

On land it is very common to get all kinds of humm, buzz, fart, sounds... That's because there is no water in contact with the diaphragms (both in and out valves) and they will vibrate and make all kinds of racket... Should not hear it underwater though.

And we've experienced no problems with the proton ice, or proton metal.

I just added one as a Octo and it buzzes under water as well. It appears to be getting better as I use it some. Breaths OK, just noisy.

I have the proton metal which is the same 2nd stage as the ice and mine works great. It only honks above water. in the water its fine.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom