Mares fins

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

If by the X3 you mean the Trei then I have apair and they are fine.

For a recreational diver like me the performance is fine. Doubtless the Quattros are better but I doubt if they are twice as good. They are definitely double the price of the Trei.

I am currently using the mares avanti 3 and have no complaints. I do have friends who have decided to use split fins and have noticed significant benefits in terms of air usage. As for the Quattro, I just used a pair last weekend, and I honestly didn;t notice much of a difference between my 3 and the Quattro. Then again, maybe, I am not experienced enough to notice the difference.

Out of curiosity, what is the right way of kicking when using split fins?

I don't know if this is of any help... but i noticed my female friend had very small fins, they were mares volos though... if i'm not mistaken, she wears a size 5

I don't know where you are diving but have you considered a closed foot fin. I would recommend that you try the avanti- tres closed foot. They are a good fin that is not expensive and comes in many sizes. If you need boots then when at your shop adjust to a size that fits with your boots on.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom