Mares Customer Service - please contact me

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
I need to contact a Mares rep regarding multiple equipment failures and gaining representation in dealing with a heavily branded Mares dealer.

Please let me know how I can contact you as a matter of priority - I'm sure you would prefer to discuss this in private.

Many thanks.

If you're asking for a manufacturer's rep to take up a battle with a dealer on your behalf, I think you might possibly be misunderstanding the manufacturer - dealer relationship. The dealer/store is the manufacturer's client, and as such, they aren't going to want to do anything to annoy them. Better to have one "PO'd" end user than a major dealer.

At least that's my guess.

If you're "complaint" is with the equipment not working as it should, then you should be enlisting the dealer to go to the manufacturer on your behalf. Equipment "failures" aren't typically the fault of the dealer... for that matter, "failures" aren't typical at all in dive gear.

Perhaps I am misunderstanding you, but that's my $0.02 ($0.03 CDN) worth.

I fully understand what you're saying. But faced with little chance of a refund from the dealer, and potentially no help from the manufacturer, it will not be in either's best interests if I go public with the details of my experience. Social media and the large dive community where I am based are very powerful mechanisms these days.

Without asking you for any private details, I am curious as to what you perceive to have "failed"... That's a strong word! Why isn't the dealer helping you? This all sounds very "curious"!

I think Mare's has a manufacturer's forum here, but it's probably the US agent, not the UK one. They likely have nothing to do with one another. I suspect that posting a request that they contact you, and then following the request with a thinly-veiled "threat" probably isn't going to be an effective way to move your issue forward.

Have you tried to contact Mares in the UK, or Italy?

Back
Top Bottom