Mares bungee strap replacements

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

What size straps do you use? I have some spare ones lying around. Happy to gift them to you if you pay shipping.i also have some Nova straps lying around. I use small in both models.

Thanks! It's size Regular. They're pretty old fins that had the clips, which I despised. I got the bungee straps to replace them. I found the receipt and I've had them for two years. Looks like I have 50 dives on them. I only use these fins at the aquarium where I volunteer.

Lucky re the aquarium, cool. I think you'll be out of luck with Mares. Do the Nova straps fit? A regular without any extensions is the same size as the small with an extension on each end.

I'll have to check. I don't have the Mares here with me. But good info. My Seawing Novas are size Small. Not sure what you mean about a ridge, but if I remember correctly, they're just plain posts on the Mares.

Actually, I forgot I have a pair of Quattro+ here that I use with my drysuit. Do you know if the posts are the same as the older Quattro? If it's easy to remove them, I can take the straps off my Seawings to see how they fit on these.

On second thought, rather than spend the money on new straps, I'm thinking of just wrapping the handles in duct tape. I don't see why that wouldn't work. And shouldn't be harmful to the animals.

you got access to a crimping tool? pretty sure you could stick them in a short bend of aluminum pipe and crimp it to bridge the two nubs you got left

Hah, interesting idea. Thanks. I suppose even crazy glue could do the trick. It holds the guy with the construction hat to a beam, after all.

Back
Top Bottom