Mares abyss cracked housing

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

snowmaker

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
I will be going to Florida next week and hope to get some diving in. I was looking over my gear today and my regulator has a small crack in the housing. This is the older model Mares Abyss reg. Not the one with the stupid looking metal cover. http://www.leisurepro.com/Prod/CategoryID_1159/Context_954/Sort_Stock/DescSort_0/MRSMR22R.html

The crack is on the lip of the plastic cover under the metal band that holds the front and backside together. I only noticed it because I hooked the reg. up to a tank and could hear a very small leak. After check a few things I took the cover off and noticed the crack. I don’t want to replace the whole thing. It’s in very good condition otherwise. Is there anywhere I can get a replacement cover.

Thanks.

Take it back to the dealer you bought it from. They should either have the cover or be able to get it and replace it for you.

I know I can get it... and I might have one sitting around the shop. Give a shout later if you can't find one local and I'll see what I can do.

I stopped by the local shop that sells Mares and they where not to helpful as usual. Every time I go into this shop I swear to never go back. But they are only about 15 minutes away and they service Mares so I thought I would give it a try. The shop I normally go to doesn’t carry the Mares line.

Larry

If you can get one that would be great. Would it be best to give you a call.

Thanks

David

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom