March 24TH & 25TH 2007 Panhandle Dive N Dine

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

:focus: March 24th

Lets summarize where we are since we are now one week away from our 3/24th and 3/25th Panhandle Dive n Dine.

Mat(Bugman) is organizing a dive to the Destin Jetties on 3/24th.
His thread will give you the information you need for when and where to meet.
http://www.scubaboard.com/showthread.php?t=180264

Eric(Oriskany Divemaster) is organizing a guided tour to the Oriskany on 3/24th. They are still able to accomodate more divers at this point.
Call the Dive Pros at 850 456 8845 and get on the manifest.
The cost is $150 for the charter. The Oriskany Divemaster(Eric) has agreed to waive his regular DM fee of $50 per diver and provide the group with a free guided tour

Gary's Gulf Divers is taking a group from Georgia to the Oriskany on 3/24th. This has already been scheduled and filled.

After Dive Dine/Party at Dewey's in Destin All groups are invited for an after dive dine/party at Dewey's in Destin. We can start arriving as soon as the jetty divers are finished with their diving. Mat said he would probably be there around 5pm even with a 2 tank dive so we can start arriving at that time and after. If you could post or pm me and let me know you are going to be at Dewey's I would appreciate it so that we can let them know how many to expect and we will be sure to have plenty of room for everyone.:)

March 25th Morrison's Dive and Cookout

Lets plan to meet at Morrisons at least by 8am, but you are welcome to arrive earlier and start diving.

Diving will be in buddy groups and the groups can make their own dive plans.

PHD has graciously agreed to provide a smoker and cook for us. PHD will need about 6 hours to allow enough time for the meat to be prepared so here is the plan. PHD and I will buy the wood chips, charcoal, seasonings, plates, napkins, tinfoil, sweet potatoes and corn. We will figure the cost of all these supplies and ask for everyone to pitch in to help cover these costs.
We ask that anyone wanting to take part in the cookout bring the meat of their choice (ribs, chicken, roast) and have it there by 8am to go in the smoker. If you would like to bring some other sides or desserts you are welcome to. Also, everyone bring their own drinks.
This will put us eating around 2 to 3 pm. By that time, the diving will probably be winding up and we can eat and then those that have a long way home can be on their way.:)

Also, if you could post or pm me and let me know you are coming, we can make sure we have plenty of supplies.

Thanks and I look forward to it!!!!!

good lord, march 24th is a busy day for dixieland divers..... too bad i can't join in, i'll be busy in my AOW class.

DawgDiver:
good lord, march 24th is a busy day for dixieland divers..... too bad i can't join in, i'll be busy in my AOW class.

We'll miss you Dawg, but you will enjoy getting that AOW class behind you so that you can do those wreck dives in the Keys in May:)

denisegg:
We'll miss you Dawg, but you will enjoy getting that AOW class behind you so that you can do those wreck dives in the Keys in May:)

Yup, and hey, at least i will be diving some that weekend. Granted i'll be in 13mm of neoprene and probably still a wee bit chilly, but still diving! I'll really miss not being able to do Morrison with you guys though, I really like that spring.

DawgDiver:

Alas I, too, shall miss yet another D&D. I've booked one last "lobster plundering" trip to Boca Raton before the season ends. Anybody want to join me? :D

Frank0, Saturday at 10:30 is hardly being gone all weekend :D ....and anyway, everyone is busy making their plans for next weekend. The weather looks like it is going to be in the high 70's with a small chance of rain. It looks like great conditions for diving!!!!!!!!!:) :)

And this bunch better livin up before next weekend....don't make me have to open up a can of ...............:wink: or use the bull whip on your.........:wink:!!!!!!!!! .......We're suppose to be having fun..........diving season is upon us!!!!!!!! :14:

paulwall:
Alas I, too, shall miss yet another D&D.

I know what happened now....paulwall "the thread killer" posted on here and tried to shut the thread down..........:wink:

And next time Paul, I don't want to hear your excuses about why you aren't coming, I want to hear your plan of action on how you "will" be here..:D

Back
Top Bottom