March 24TH & 25TH 2007 Panhandle Dive N Dine

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I'm in Belize starting on March 17th for eight days. I can do it any other time that month. I can also provide a boat if anybody is interested. Gary may also put in his boat.

Donna,
Belize, I am so jealous....so I know that you wouldn't be able to do anything the 17th, 18th or 24th. What about the 25th?

If Gary's boat goes to Trysler, I'll be on it, weekend of the 10th I believe.

Otherwise I'm in for free springs and shore dives, less I'm out of town.

mike_s:
If the gulf is still in the 50's, then the springs at 68f will be much warmer and nicer :D

Warmer, sure, but I dunno about nicer :p

Could you give us some more info about the Trysler; the cost, what it includes, and what we would see there, etc.
Thanks

seadoggirl:
I'm in Belize starting on March 17th for eight days. I can do it any other time that month. I can also provide a boat if anybody is interested. Gary may also put in his boat.

I am so envious of you!!!

Debi

denisegg:
We have alot of ideas and dates floating around for March but so far no one is able to commit to anything specific. I will throw out some of them and please post and let me know what you are interested in and when so that we can try to put together at least one main get together during March for
our "Deep Dixie Gang" (oh so you want a definition of who is in this gang...you are if you are reading this):)

Gary is working on taking a group out to the Trysler Grounds the first of March.

Oriskany Divemaster is working on an O trip March 18th then a cookout.

There may be some North Alabama SBer's coming down the 17th and 18th for Morrisons and the jetties.

Frank is working on a 5 tank boat trip on March 24th and then Morrisons the next day.

Am I leaving anything out?

I realize that everyone may not be interested in a boat trip but surely we can pick a date where we can all dive Morrisons, Cypress Springs and/or some shore dives then have a big cookout:)

I'd love to join this time if my schedule agrees.

I'm up for any of the above. I'll keep watching until the date, place, and time are figured out, but count me in whenever, wherever!

It sounds like March 24th and 25th is shaping up to be good days to do a dive n dine weekend. What say ye?

denisegg:
Could you give us some more info about the Trysler; the cost, what it includes, and what we would see there, etc.
Thanks

Depths in the 120-130' range, price probably similar to an Oriskany dive as its 20-30 miles offshore. Trysler Grounds are a stretch of natural coral reef that hold tropicals, gamefish, lobsta, and the occassional larger fish :wink: Close enough to deep water, that the occassional big game fish could possibly happen along.

I don't think I have anything planned for the 24th/25th as of yet, but its too early to commit. Probably would be up for a free spring or shore dive.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom