March 2013 ...The "Who's in Cozumel" LIST!!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

That's the plan, chief. I've done my civic duty every other time, so maybe they'll be reasonable.
I'd love to dodge it, but that's a little more than I want to push my luck.

Joe, it is a whopping $25 here. I always had to turn it in to the school system. I hadn't gotten a summons until 5 or so years ago. Since then, I've been very popular.

Eh. I'll worry about it tomorrow.

Happy new year!

Careful how you handle this. Here in Denver a woman went on a local radio talk show telling what she did to get out of Jury duty. A judge was listening. He found out who she was, reported her and she ended up spending some time in jail. I don't think I would post what I did if I tried to get out of jury duty.
This is why I do not use my name or exact location on message boards. You never know who is reading. I go most of the time. This year I have traveled extensively for work and there was no way I knew where I was going to be at any given time to even tell them when I'd be back. I woke up in hotel rooms this year and couldn't remember what city I was in. I have a brother in law that is a lawyer that works for the state of ILL. There is not a lawyer in his/her right mind that would pick me as a juror but I have to go through the process anyway. Just was not to be this year. I'm sure they will send me another notice and I'll go. I think the selection process should be more lenient towards people that have or may have plans or to people that have served in the past. I think if you go you should be off the hook for five to ten years for any obligation to serve. In County Crook they seem to pick you more often once you have gone. There is over 7 million peeps in the Chi-town area to choose from.
I'm sure Sal will just have to show her plane ticket to get out of duty. It would be better if she could just scan it, email it waterside, under the Palapa in Cozumel though!:D

Hi Pidge!
Has been quiet here. I finally got dates for my return. 1/12-5/25.
Now I gotta figure out what to do about the jury summons I got today.
sigh

Have your airline confirmation handy....I've had the same issue a couple of times and they excused me each time when I provided a copy for them. Hurry up March!! It's a whopping 24 degrees here today :(

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

It's a balmy - but rainy - 54 here .... warmest it's been for the Christmas holidays. And now that we've gotten past all the December riff-raff ( lol! :kiss2:) we can get back to concentrating on March and the MARCHERS!!!! :banana:

As for jury duty .... lived 30 years in the same neighborhood, same town in TX and only got called twice. The defense booted me out the first time as I worked at a bank (apparently considered too serious for a drunk driving trial); and didn't make the cut the 2nd time for a traffic court case. I often wonder how the summons system works as I know people that get called all the time! Guess I'll have to see if the AL court system is any different (or word got out that I'm a mean SOB and am banned here too! :snicker:)

I'm trying hard not to wish my life away, but will March EVER get here?! I think I can make it through January...but the anticipated posts from the February Carnival Crew may break me :wink:

---------- Post added January 1st, 2013 at 04:45 PM ----------

Couldn't stand it anymore... went ahead and booked some dives with Aldora! Looking forward to a great time, maybe even a 'big girl boat'? I left a few days open in hopes of hooking up with some friends, maybe try out a few other OPs I've yet to meet. It's usually easy to spread around the 'love' when it's just me :)

...but the anticipated posts from the February Carnival Crew may break me :wink:

-
:)

You have no idea..... We make the BIG party in February. March is the hangover, more or less....

and so it begins....

Yup ...... top ten reasons to go to Coz in March (INSTEAD of February!!!) :idea:

10. The water temps are warmer.:sunshine:

Our month is longer than your month!
:eyebrow:

8. Our List (of Cool Kids) is SOOOO much longer than yours every year!
:hm:

7. We don't need no stinking Carnivale ... we spend our time DIVING!!!! :tongue2:

6. Most of the hungover Carnivale deralicts have left the island! :drunks:

. Marchers just sounds so much cooler than Februaryers!
:kiss2: :kiss2:

I think I'll let some other Marchers chime in here ..... I'm betting they have some GREAT Top Ten reasons they choose March too!
:grinbandit:

Yup ...... top ten reasons to go to Coz in March (INSTEAD of February!!!) :idea:

10. The water temps are warmer.:sunshine:

Our month is longer than your month!
:eyebrow:

8. Our List (of Cool Kids) is SOOOO much longer than yours every year!
:hm:

7. We don't need no stinking Carnivale ... we spend our time DIVING!!!! :tongue2:

6. Most of the hungover Carnivale deralicts have left the island! :drunks:

. Marchers just sounds so much cooler than Februaryers!
:kiss2: :kiss2:

I think I'll let some other Marchers chime in here ..... I'm betting they have some GREAT Top Ten reasons they choose March too!
:grinbandit:

7. Because I am here now and you already went home.

Back
Top Bottom