Manufacturers under different brand names.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Wow... And Johnson Outdoors is a division of SC Johnson (a family company) big whoop.

Aqua Lung is owned by Air Liquide, and Mares is owned by Head does it matter?

Yep smear it,spray it or dive it :D

This strikes me as a good point. I believe the OP asked about different companies that use the same manufacturers or OEMs. In other words, two companies with no corporate affiliation could have products made by the same OEM.

The thread then turned into a geneology of corporate ownership. But then I suppose that two companies that belong to a common corporate family can each market regs, just to name one example, that are made by different OEMs.

I suppose there is overlap and gray areas in this distinction. Moreover, I would think that the situation at any point in time is not stable, with companies changing OEMS for the same product and corporate ownership always in flux.

I think that like many other vendors Scuba companies source items globally from the same OEMs and private brand for each other for certain products at certain times......so there is no hard and fast rule for this stuff......

M

Who's asking you? :D

There are some gems in the thread which are useful. Do you know of a better or more complete list? You're right about the misinformation, however, it seems like it's been pointed out when incorrect info is posted.

There's a ton of incorrect information in that thread... Not to mention the whole "Clone" vs "OEM" vs "Made under License for" etc... Very confusing and bad list if you ask me.

Back
Top Bottom