Mansfield Dam

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

FIXXERVI6

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Does anyone have any vis/temp reports for mansfield dam diving, heading out there on the 22nd.

I was out at Windy Point yesterday. The conditions were about like they have been. 63 deg on top, thermocline at about 32' temp below around 57 deg. Vis was spotty. Some places 10 to 15 with foggy areas here and there. Average was closer to 8 or 10ft. That was on saturday before easter, so there wasn't a lot of divers this weekend to stir up the silt. Went down to 90 ft and it looks like the vis is starting to clear a little in the deeper water, I could actualy see my hand in front of my face!
Have fun next weekend!

touch-contact drills, dropping below 100' will be perfect.

WP was a freaking zoo today, all the hardcore bbq clans were out in full force...overflow parking at 10:15 am. We moved to Barstow's where the crowds were sparser...upper 30' had a lot of particulate, 55-75 was fair, below 95-ish was soup.

My Vyper showed 55F at depth.

Has anyone dipped into the 130 to 150 range or it just gets to nothing at around 100 so you say screw it?

Rand and I are hitting the dam this weekend and gonna stick our toe in the deep and see what its looking like down there, probably muck but gonna look anyway, anyone up for some camping?

FIXXERVI6:
Has anyone dipped into the 130 to 150 range or it just gets to nothing at around 100 so you say screw it?

Rand and I are hitting the dam this weekend and gonna stick our toe in the deep and see what its looking like down there, probably muck but gonna look anyway, anyone up for some camping?

Please report the max depth you attn. at the dam,,,,I will be their the first part of May doing the same...thanks!

texdiveguy:
Please report the max depth you attn. at the dam,,,,I will be their the first part of May doing the same...thanks!

max depth I attn, how about a vis report instead? :14:

FIXXERVI6:
max depth I attn, how about a vis report instead? :14:

Both will do!

I was sure wishing for that bigger tank today Gregg. I was using an LP95. It would have given me a lot more time in the canyon. You doubles guys would love it.

Willie

FIXXERVI6:

Pretty much just say screw it. The muck at 100 feet shows no indication of clearing up deeper.Need to wait a couple of months.

The most amusing part of Sundays dive was being dive bombed by an open water class while we were playing around laying a line.Half a dozen vertical whirling windmills,one of whose fin strap had a magnetic attraction to our line.

ianr33:
Pretty much just say screw it. The muck at 100 feet shows no indication of clearing up deeper.Need to wait a couple of months.

The most amusing part of Sundays dive was being dive bombed by an open water class while we were playing around laying a line.Half a dozen vertical whirling windmills,one of whose fin strap had a magnetic attraction to our line.

bummer, I'm having clear water withdraw, I've spent too much time in FL lately in the clear water that I'm just super wishfull for a windex buried someplace.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom