Manila to Coron?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Nemo

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
I've just come thru Singapore where I thought I could buy a ticket Manila, Coron, El Nido, PP, Manila, but I couldn't find a agent that handles the small airlines. Does anyone know of an agent who could sell me this ticket? I am in Indonesia and will be going back to Singapore, then on to Melbourne. Could I get this ticket in Melbourne? I want to get this flight before I get to Manila in case it's busy and I don't want to hang in Manila very long.

Thanks!

Henry

Go with Philippine Airlines cause I know they fly to Singapore, Australia and Indonesia. Buy & book directly off their website (can't find it now, but google it). Singapore Airlines and Qantas (if you're coming from Aussie land) also fly here. I'm not sure where Cebu Pacific flies but you could go directly to their website to find out and book a ticket.

From Manila, you could fly out to Coron (just look on the website for that). But how long you planning to stay in coron? Superferry trips from Manila to Coron run every friday afternoon (arrive saturday morning) to Coron and leave from Coron to Manila every sunday evening (arrive monday morning). Go to their website to find out (google WG&A superferry). Sorry, I'm out right now - once I'm home I'll dig up the websites for you.

Let us know what you book so we could give you some travel tips (how much weight, what terminal to go to, where's the terminal, etc...)

Hope this helps. Is it true that everyone in Canada live in igloos, play hockey or lacrosse, drink beer, and use dog sleds as transport? :)

hmmmm... only small airlines fly from manila to coron... sea air (www.flyseair.com) and asian spirit (www.asianspirit.com)

they have a 10kg baggage limit so be informed

i don't know if anyone does a puerto princessa/busuanga trip so you might want to go coron-puerto princessa via super ferry (it's a few hours) and from puerto to manila via PAL (www.philippineairlines.com) or air philippines (www.airphil.com)

regarding travel agencies... i don't know of any but swagman travel (www.swaggy.com) does a lot of business with visiting/vacationing caucasians so may be able to help you with regards your needs...

hope this helps...

Jag

isn't it Busuanga rather than Coron?

Yes, that's correct -thanks hammer & moonie...had a brain fart in the lab and was thinking of puerto princesa.

As Jag says, only the small airlines will bring you to busuanga.

Sorry, I've been out for a while (Pemuteran. Bali). Shugar, could you tell me how much they charge per kilo for over weight? Don't they make any consessions for divers? Will be flying PP to Manila direct on Philippine Airlines, so that shouldn't be a problem.
Thanks!

Nemo:
Sorry, I've been out for a while (Pemuteran. Bali). Shugar, could you tell me how much they charge per kilo for over weight? Don't they make any consessions for divers? Will be flying PP to Manila direct on Philippine Airlines, so that shouldn't be a problem.
Thanks!
regarding rates for excess i think they have it on their website (haven't had a chance to check) BUT it's a real tiny plane so if you are going to be overweight anyway i really suggest you tell them in advanced - when i went there with my camera crew they almost told us to leave the stuff behind! it was not a full flight so they (according to them) barely squeezed all our stuff in... then seated us around the aircraft to balance it on takeoff (they weigh you and your stuff)

on a full flight they might not even consider charging you for extra, just tell you it's a no-go... not scaring you off, just making sure you have a heads up so you can plan for and avoid any hassles at the terminal come the day of your flight

just tell us how else we can help and we'll do what we can :biggrin:

Jag

Nemo:
Thanks!
Excess baggage? Its 50 pesos or 1 dollar per kilo.

clgsamson:
Excess baggage? Its 50 pesos or 1 dollar per kilo.
what i meant was on the tiny airlines going to busuanga (coron)... the major airlines going to PP/Manila are no problem at all, sometimes they don't even charge you extra if it's not a full flight and you only exceed 1 or 2kg...

the tiny ones on the other hand... well...

Jag

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom