Manila dive shops (wetsuit needed)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Kupu

ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
Birthday shopping for a womans wetsuit and BCD in Manila soon, and thought I would ask around here for any recommendations. Hoping to figure out which shops have a good selection in size 4-6 wetsuits to choose from, and really need a 5/4 or 5mm.

Any help is greatly welcomed, I know there are many dive shops in Manila and hoping to avoid spending hours and hours randomly going from shop to shop looking until I get lucky...anybody know which shops have the best selection?

Out of this list: http://www.scubaboard.com/forums/1368468-post22.html

I recommend Diver's Point since they have a good selection and I've dealt with them regularly. Ellen (owner) is also good about responding to her emails and facebook. The Scubaworld shop in San Juan has a wide mares selection.

I'm not sure about Scuba Stop's selection, but Gordon's a good guy and will answer you if you email him.

Check out MakDiver............I don't have their address right now, but they have an office in Manila.

Ok, I've not heard of MakDiver before. Probably the place to go if I need a swiss army knife eh:D. But if you think they would have a good selection I will certainly consider checking them out, have you been to their store?

Thanks Chip, helpful info. I was thinking Scuba World might be worth checking out, but wasn't sure which store to go to. And I will get in touch with Ellen and Gordon to see what they might have.

hey no problem, kupu. I'm familiar with MakDiver's shop is in Mabini (Anilao area), not sure if they have a Manila equivalent. The one in Anilao is very nice and spiffy, and I recall they had an ok selection but not as wide as DP or SW.

FWIW I liked the selection better in SW san juan over makati. Also, I know SW san juan has a tailor there for any adjustments needed (extra $).

dive shops multiple branches in Manila, and throughout the Philippines. I bought my wife and myself 3mm wetsuits from the Paranaque branch a few years ago. Decent selection, they could fit me!! I'm 6 ft 235 lbs.
There are many other dive shops in Manila, but this is were I shopped.

Makdiver shop is in Tiendesitas, Pasig.
I just bought a Henderson Goldcore 3mm at Nautilus, makati the other day.
I know they have 5mm & 7mm too, but not sure of the sizes available.

isnt the one in tiendesitas aquaventure/aquaone?

diverspoint and scubaworld san juan are practically neighbors. both should have good selection of wetsuits.

Wow, this is wonderful! Thanks so much to everyone, very helpful info here.

I had not considered the option of having a tailor modify the suit, but the main problem with finding a good fit has been that most wetsuits are too short in the leg. If it were possible to extend the length by a couple inches, it will be much easier to find what we need.

It looks like starting out by visiting Diver's Point and Scuba World san juan, and then visiting Nautilus if needed, should allow us to find a good fitting wetsuit with minimal hassle. I always recommend Nautilus to friends needing dive gear, they have been good to me every time I visit.

Back
Top Bottom