Manifold Question

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Jimmer:
Well that's the kicker, the custom bands will be guaranteed to work with your specific tanks and manifold. You could potentially have name brand bands, OMS for example, and a name brand manifold, older DiveRite for example, that can't be used together.

This is why its a good reason to get the manifold with the threaded isolator.. Its adjustable..

My regs are DIN. I don't mind the addtl cost of 200 bar to 300 bar. Let's face it compared to what I've sunk into gear at this point the difference is negligible.

HarveyO:
My regs are DIN. I don't mind the addtl cost of 200 bar to 300 bar. Let's face it compared to what I've sunk into gear at this point the difference is negligible.

Im not saying that there is a benefit of going with either one but thats the point.. If your diving all din regulators and thats all you will ever dive then it doesnt matter what one you get, they will both work the same..

I understand what you saying about the amount you've sunk into gear.. I just paid for my tech tranning classes today... WOW..

HarveyO:
To all of you who have been kind enough to respond, thank you for the great answers. Your input really helps me out.

I don't know if I would go the custom bands route, I'm sure their great, but I tend to stick to brand name stuff to assure compatibility on assembly.

Cerich I assume the "gap" you're referring to is being caused by the additional threads extending out when you try to screw a 300 bar DIN reg into a 200 Bar Valve. If this is not correct could you explain it further?

correct.

Tech is very much "pay to play". Going cheap just costs more in the long run and is a compromise in the mean time.

HarveyO seems to understand this.

There is no place in tech for Yoke regs IMHO, thus the ability to convert to yoke is a moot point.

200 Bar vs 300 bar manifold. 300 bar doesn't leave a gap, is not going to cause any issues with higher pressure fills.
I wouldn't pay more for a 200 than a 300.

Back
Top Bottom