Mandatory TDA membership

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

For an organisation that describes itself as a charity, now to have lobbied government to allow it to represent the total dive industry of Thailand.

I suggest we all follow the compulsion and vote PADI into control at the next AGM. Surely they must realise that to represent all diving professionals, they must be seen do do that as part of the constitution. PADI members will be by far in the majority, even to vote the organisation out of existence.....

Although I understand what you're saying and support your point of view katdiver, it may a bit more complicated than that since TDA has been lobbying for a long time now to achieve just this! A mere vote may not be the solution although I hope it is that simple!

Like Bowmouth said, I wonder what PADI has to say to this. Where's Hans when you need him :coffee:

He was here a few days ago and did not seem too pleased about the TDA. I'm sorry TDA is a good thing, but they need to be "TDA" and not "TDA-CMAS", nicht wahr?

Anybody has anything on black and white about this or is this just 'rumours'?

I hope it's a rumour with no truth whatsoever in it. Just imagine having yet to do another cross-over, paying yet more money for yearly renewals and ending up with having to learn more confusing standards and procedures.
Already now I'm certified with 3 different agencies; I really do not need a fourth!!

:D

Well Bowmouth, the difference seems to be that this one is forced upon you, if I understand correctly and I do assume that the other three you participated in you did so on a voluntary base.

Last edited:
https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom