Manatee Dive Crystal River

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

There are usually big schools of fish at King Springs when I have been there.

I work mostly on weekends... so it is hard for me to do a weekend trip...
but I REALLY WANT TO SNORKEL OR DIVE WITH MANATEES.
I've penciled in this date on my calender.

My wife and I could do the 11th-12th, if that's set in stone.
But only if we get an agenda/times/location/prices firmed up soon enough for us to budget for all that.
I'd LOVE to do a manatee dive (er.. snorkel), even if it winds up just being a day-trip.

Here is the list of potentials as I understand it. I will start updating this list next week on a new thread. At that point, it will be done as the megadive for Ginnie was. I will post any relevant info in the FIRST thread and ask a mod to sticky it for me. If Andy is up and running, I may see if he can help me keep it updated.
Potential attendee list. If you are not on here and would like to be, pm, or post here. If you are on the list but will NOT be coming, please let me know so we don't get reamed when 9 people show up for reserved boats for 30 seats.

Back40
Beachdivequeenbelam
Cardzard
CBulla
CRA2
CTH6
DeepSeaWolf
Dragracer
Gibbon
H2Andy
Karim1
Kurt
Maneater
MGERSCH
Scubagirl in KY
ScubaJenny
ScubaSusan
Simbrooks
Trish the fish

Looks good. I might have some others joining me, the family from the first megadive party at Ginnie.
Looking so forward to this!

I was considering that we'd take over a hotel if I get a decent # of respondees. It will be a Sat, Sun affair with a chartered trip on Saturday morning, hopefully early, and a boat rental for Sunday if enough people want to do so.
There is also consideration for a boat rental for a half day on Saturday afternoon and a boat rental for half day Sunday early instead of a full day. I am waiting to see how many respondees I get before I worry about a boat rental.
I'll also be trying to get a very early release time for the boats, but it looks like rentals don't get us out until 9 at the earliest!
I will be paying for the boat rental out of my own pocket and being reimbursed by anyone who goes with us. I'll have three spots taken at least, possibly four. I believe the larger boats can hold ten snorkelers, or fewer divers with gear. Still looking into this. I'll know more by the end of this next week.
I will be talking to BU, Plantation Inn, and Port Marina about charters, room rates, and boat rentals. I will post my findings in this thread and finalize it in the OFFICIAL final thread so everyone will have definite plans. It is December 11, and 12 in Crystal River, to be in King's Bay and anyplace else the charters or boat rentors choose to head.

put my name down, this will probably be my last dive till spring, as I am called to duty as a nanny up in DC. and do not have Ice diving exp,

Still in, still willing to chip for boat hire, food, whatever else. This time (seeing as it was chilly out this morning and likely to get colder :wink: ) of year i am thinking camping might not be so hot, but its an option - so hotels fine too.

I am going to be at Crystal River the same days doing my AOW and Nitrox cert. Not sure exactly where I am going to be diving out there, but would definately love to do a meet and greet with all the Florida Conch Divers if itineraries permit. I would love to be diving with you all, but already had this weekend booked for some training before I knew all the Conch Divers were going to be there.

Matt

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom