Manatee Dive Crystal River

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

So are you guys planning on chartering boats with captains, renting your own pontoons or what? Let me know if I can be of any help in organizing boats/captains and in getting good rates. I live/guide here and know lots of other guides. You also need a good of rules/regs of what you can and can't do with the tee's.

DSW, just for your info, I found the following rates at River Safaris in Homosassa. My wife and I were there today for the Homosassa Seafood Festival.

Rental Ponroon Boats:
18ft (8 persons) $135.00/day $95.00/.5 day
24ft (12 persons) $185.00/day $125.00/.5 day
28ft (16 persons) $205.00/day $145.00/.5 day

Full day is 8:00am-5:00pm

Their number is 800-758-3474

Let me know if I can be any help. I intend to bring myself, wife, and next door neighbors kid. My wife will snorkle, and Brandon and I will dive.

DEEPSEAWOLF:
I am starting to get numbers for a charter proposal for an early December Manatee dive-in at Crystal River. Anyone interested, post here. As I gather potential numbers, I will contact charter in an effort to get costs lower for everyone.
This will be a Saturday Morning dive trip, that will probably be heading out before 7 am. It will be a fend for yourself kind of lodging weekend as this will only be a day trip for me. The focus on this one is the high number of potential Manatees in the spring at this time. Once I get about 10-12 responses or more, I will contact the charters. Once I get a base fee, I'll post it here and will start collecting deposits. The sooner we an lock this in, the better. Hit them now while there are lots of reservation openings.
If you have room for one or two more please give me a call would love to meet some of yall and dive with you. Floyd 863-990-7425

Floyd
Just keep your eye on this thread. As the date gets closer and closer, more details will follow.

Michael B., (sorry, don't know your screen name) The Port Hotel called me about your reservation there for the manatee weekend. They need you to call Theresa and give them your telephone #. Thanks-Suzie.

Also, anyone else intersted in the swim with the sea cows weekend, please e-mail me at captsuzieholstead@yahoo.com and I'll reserve your spot. My # is 352-586-8068 if you wanna call with any questions. $22.50/person (when you get to the boat)for the spot on the boat. I'm assuming most people have a mask and snorkel, but if you need mask/snorkel you can rent them when you get here.

I reserved 8 rooms (w/ double beds) for "SCUBABOARD" at the Port Hotel and Marina(12/10 & 12/11)-$55/night, and they are on a 4pm hold. You have to call the Port Hotel, (352)795-3111 and talk to Theresa. Rooms are going quickly this time of year, so call ASAP.

No matter where you stay, We are gonna meet at a cuban restuarant called "Cravings on the Water" @ 7am. It is right on Kings Bay, next to the Best Western Hotel and Crackers Restuarant. The address is, 614 NW Highway 19 · Crystal River · Florida · 34428 Phone: 1-352-795-2027.

I'll be there at 6:30am to get coffee and to start signing people in. I have to show a really short video before we leave the dock, so lets all really try to be there by 7am. I don't want to over crowd boats, so please e-mail me and give me a reservation # ASAP so that I can make sure that I have enough boats so you guys are comfortable. Also, if let me know if anyone is gonna be intersted in afternoon boat rental or afternoon dives so that I can get an estimate for that too.

Looking forward to meeting you guys.
Capt.Suzie

i'm still an in for this (snorkel only, but will pay my full share)... but i can't
find the firm date...

when is this scheduled for?

12/11

There is a new "final" neater looking thread here which brings together most of the info.

dude, thanks!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom