Manado Info

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

dive_lover88:
my full cost came up to SGD$1231. The tickets cost SGD$441(USD ~270) and the trip SGD790 for 6D5N
Well I am still working on finding an agent with a good price. Online it is more expensive to go SIN-MDC.. i just need this one way over as I will leave for Bali after my diving in MDC...then onto TPE and OKA, sooo if anyone has an agent that I contact via email,, pls let me know,,many thanks!
Tarzana

Hi Sinners,

My family are planning a trip Manado probably Mid November.

Can anyone tell me whether it is the good time to visit Manado?
Also looking for reliable dive operator?

Appreciate any feedback.

Rdgs,
New Bubbles

We'll be going to Manado on Oct. 25 via Jakarta. Just booked the ticket Jkt - Manado a week ago for less than $130 one way (Garuda).
We'll stay at Tasik Ria - lucky we still can get a room with last minute booking.
Not sure on Mid Nov. but at this time seem still okay.

Capi:
Hey there,

we will go to Manado the 16th of september. We will stay in Sulawesi for 22 days. First at tasik Ria resort ( www.tasikria.com ) and Eco Divers. The last week we go to Gangga Island Resort ( www.ganggaisland.com )

August and september are the best time of the year for diving around Manado. temperature around 31 C every day and 24 at night. Not to much wind, calm sea.

cheers
When you get to Tasik ria, get to know Alex Togas. He is really a great guy and extremely helpful with organising any needs you may have such as land-based tours , land transportation or even going to the city etc

We just returned from Bunaken Manado short trip 25 - 28 October. Good weather, no rain, viz. 20 - 25 m, temp. 26.5 to 28 C, mild to moderate curent. Mostly small things, no shark at all, no big stuff except napoleon wrasse, grouper, turtle, baracuda and an extra show, we saw an Orca at Manado bay from the boa, stay at surface for 10 - 20 minutes.
Thanks to Eco diver - they also entertain my 2 kids, girls 7 & 11 years who really enjoy snorkeling and seem they saw more than I got from the surface.

First of all I want to thank the Scubaboard for existing so I could get so much of the info needed from all these wonderful folks who share their info.

I went to the Manado area to dive over my Holiday break. Stayed at the Hotel Santika (highly recommended) and dove with the Thalassa Divers, a 5 star PADI op that I also highly recommend. Diving was excellent even thought the monsoons were just starting at the end of our dive week and the viz was not the ultimate - only 45-80 feet, better than most dives here in OKA. We dove mostly in the Bunaken National Park, with a few dives in Bangka and Lembah Straits. One of the first things I noted was how ALIVE the reefs are in Bunaken. Wow! Sometimes I could not find a dead part of the reef to place my finger in order to pause during a drift dive. Spotted LOTS of very unusual creatures to include the pigmy and stony seahorses, ribbon eels, flying gurnards, Banggai cardinal fish, large mantis shrimp, barramundi cod, crocodile fish, the giant and the clown frogfish, scorpion leaf fish, robust ghost pipefish... oh and many more. Felt I was in the twilight zone on one dive in the Bangka area, as I saw so many new creatures. Would rank N. Sulawesi the third best dive area in the world -- that is-- of the underwater areas I dove. Thanks to all for such good info. Now to plan the Richelieu Rock dive for April. :)

tarzana

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom