Malpelo, when to go ... ?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hi @Dan

I had the infamous TSA note in my checked bag when I got home to Philadelphia. Obviously, they decided to take a look when we rechecked our bags in Miami, after arriving from Cali. Other than messing things up a bit, no problem. I also have a TSA lock. I have lost a few over the years, but not this time.

I am as lucky as you, have never lost anything or suffered any damage :)

Reactions: Dan
I always carry regulators, dive computers, cameras, bpw, plb, nautilus, and mask in carry on. Fins, wetsuits, reel w dsmb and other gear are pretty much the only thing I check. Oh, check dive tools, also. It's amazing how much grief security will give you over a 6-inch crescent wrench. SMH
No problem with my 16-yrs old regulator set, mask, Nautilus, PLB, in my checked bag, so far. Knock on wood.

July is a good time to go there, I think.

Typically you want to arrive in Cali a day before Colombia Dive Adventure (CDA) take you to Buenaventura and depart a day after CDA drop you off in Cali. That gives you 2 night stay in Cali as a minimum. That’s what I & @scubadada did.

We also stayed in Cali Intercontinental hotel. You can get 30% discount at that hotel by booking the room through CDA.

Cali is the 2nd largest city in Colombia. It’s known as the Salsa Capital of the World. It has plenty of things to see & visit, around that time of the year.

Typically you want to arrive in Cali a day before Colombia Dive Adventure (CDA) take you to Buenaventura and depart a day after CDA drop you off in Cali. That gives you 2 night stay in Cali as a minimum. That’s what I & @scubadada did.

We also stayed in Cali Intercontinental hotel. You can get 30% discount at that hotel by booking the room through CDA.

Cali is the 2nd largest city in Colombia. It’s known as the Salsa Capital of the World. It has plenty of things to see & visit, around that time of the year.

Cali is actually the 3rd largest. Medellin is 2nd.

Cali is actually the 3rd largest. Medellin is 2nd.
You are right. I should have qualified it by area, not by population:
“…The city spans 560.3 km2 (216.3 sq mi) with 120.9 km2 (46.7 sq mi) of urban area,[2]making Cali the second-largest city in the country by area and the third most populous…”

Cali - Wikipedia

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom