Malfunction with Apeks DSX Computer, Code: System Error 10

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

stanleychan

Registered
Reaction score
hey, guys, I bought a DSX last year and upgrade it to the latest software version and about 30 dives till now. Yesterday I went dive and not bring the regulators with transmitter and I don't turn off the transmitter on the setting menu. Then it first alarm lost TMT and later showed a red screen noticing system error 10. After that dive, I still can't reach to the main menu because it kept alarming system error 10. I don't know how to reboot the computer and the customer service of Apeks never reply no matter through Facebook or email address on the Apeks US website. Very bad experience.
1000011151.jpg

just solve the problem after reseting the computer and erasing all the data. it's a firmware bug. If the computer keeps searching the transmitter and no signal for a certain time, the system will collapse. So remember to turn off the transmitter if you don't use them. Hope Apeks could fix the bug in the near future. It's a risk because the signal could not keep connecting all the time throughout the dive. If the problem arise during a dive, the computer will be totally disabled. you can't solve the problem underwater.

Oof. That's a nasty bug. Indeed it deserves an urgent firmware update. I guess we'll see how good Apeks is at customer service for computers.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom