Malfunction with Apeks DSX Computer, Code: System Error 10

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

just check the dive log and found the information as the pic shows...
View attachment 845313View attachment 845314
Hi,

The same error message appeared on my DSX yesterday evening when starting my dive.
Since then, each time that I tried to power it on, I get the red error message.

How did you managed to pass the error message to get to the computer and reset it?
Do you need to wait 24h to have it powering off completely, or is there a magic trick?

Except that issue, I logged almost 100 dives with this computer and never experienced any trouble.

Thanks,

Nicolas

after upgrading to the newest version of firmware, i have done two shallow dives and the problem haven't appeared again. I'll keep watching it
I got the same issue yesterday wile having the latest firmware on my DSX (1.013)
Not sure if the issue was not 100% fixed or if we have here something hardware linked.

Hi,

The same error message appeared on my DSX yesterday evening when starting my dive.
Since then, each time that I tried to power it on, I get the red error message.

How did you managed to pass the error message to get to the computer and reset it?
Do you need to wait 24h to have it powering off completely, or is there a magic trick?

Except that issue, I logged almost 100 dives with this computer and never experienced any trouble.

Thanks,

Nicolas
just connect the computer via Bluetooth on the Divelog+ App. Turn off the TMT function on the App first then sync this setting to the computer. That problem should be solved.

Hi,

I wanted to give an update for those who might have the same issue and will land on this thread.

I was able to recover the computer by using the steps provided by Stanley: overwriting the TMT setting using Divelog+ app. The error screen immediately disappear and give us back a full access to the dive computer and the settings.
However, the error screen will reappear after some time. To avoid this, a full reset of the setting needs to be performed.

I did a dive yesterday (with TMT active) without any issues. I have another dive with deco and gas switch planned this WE, I will update this post on the outcome of changing gas / transmitter during the dive.

Hi,
I had the same problem.
My brand new dsx (replacement after dead battery/unable to charge) showed error 10 just on the second day I was using it.
Above method removed the displayed error.

Apeks support in EU (France) unwilling to help "we cannot troubleshoot remotely. Contact your dealer and send it to a professional". Dealer wants to charge 50bucks a second time only for shipping back and forth.
Not a good support either.

I have the same error. Got confirmed from Apeks it's the pressure censor that course this Error 10. Contact your dealer to get a new one :)

I have the same error. Got confirmed from Apeks it's the pressure censor that course this Error 10. Contact your dealer to get a new one :)
Which sensor? The tank pressure sensor or the depth /altitude pressure sensor?
No software issue?
If I have to send it back just that they scrap it costs me 50€ 😡
The apeks Support here just says "get it tested on a qualified workshop", not willing to acknowledge a common fault

Back
Top Bottom