Malaysia! Everyone there post here

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Puffer'J:
Hi all,

I'll will be going to dive at Redang early Jully, any good dive spots that you would like to recommend? Thx guys.

Here is another excellent web site on Redang. Probably the most comprehensive web site on Redang island that I have come across. Have a good trip :).

YCW:
Here is another excellent web site on Redang. Probably the most comprehensive web site on Redang island that I have come across. Have a good trip :).

Hi YCW!

There are a few dive sites that you might wanna check them out. Sharon Stone #1 - Sandy Bottom (LionFish, Puffer, Sting Rays, Eel, Plenty of Nudis & etc. Terumbu Kili #2 - Drift Dive (Nice Coral & Marine Lives). The other dive sites will have to depend on your level of certification & preference. :wink:

Happy Diving & Keep Those Bubbles Flowing!

Ed.

don,

great of you to start this thread !!! while browsing thru SB I seem to remember seeing a similar thread which was started sometime back . What happened with that ?

anyway I'm in and hope top keep this going.

On the subject of visas, i believe some countries frequently issue travel advisories against travelling to Malaysia. this is perhaps sometimes politically motivated .

To all you guys out there let me tell you Malaysia is as safe as anywhere in the world and Kuala Lumpur is one of the safest cities in Asia and the (some would say safer than many cities in europe of US). We have our share of visitors having had not so pleasant experiences same as anywhere else in the world.

I would ask those who have been to Malaysia to add to this post.

I think I speak for most Malaysians that we are happy and would welcome people from across the globe to visit us. We have some really wonderful dive sites which we would like to share with you all.

those who are worried should read this thread or else take up bridge instead !!!

I have just returned from a 2 week trip to Malaysia.
It is safe, at no time did I feel threatened.
I have traveled extensivly and I would rate Malaysia safer than many places in europe.
My only concern was pickpockets in the markets. I don't know if there are any it is just that been crowded and bumped it would be a perfect location for them.
This Islands were just fantastic, laid back, relaxing. The diving was good, we were very early in the season so no crowds.
We will be back, hopefully before the end of the year.
Victor

Hello,

We went to Malaysia for 1 week last year, and although we didn't dive, we had a great time visiting KL, Malacca & Penang. Penang especially felt like a wonderful island full of international and local tourists with many sights to visit!

We felt safe at all times, and had no problems with harassment or the police.

We will be going back this New Year's for some diving in Mabul / Kapalai / Sipadan!!

J.

victor:
I have just returned from a 2 week trip to Malaysia.
It is safe, at no time did I feel threatened.
I have traveled extensivly and I would rate Malaysia safer than many places in europe.
My only concern was pickpockets in the markets. I don't know if there are any it is just that been crowded and bumped it would be a perfect location for them.
This Islands were just fantastic, laid back, relaxing. The diving was good, we were very early in the season so no crowds.
We will be back, hopefully before the end of the year.
Victor

Hi Victor!

I'm glad that you had a great time in Malaysia. You're most welcome to come back anytime. :)

Happy Diving & Keep Those Bubbles Flowing!

Ed.

alexcttan:
Hi All,

I know lots of you have been to Sipadan and Mabul. And after they closed off Sipadan and moved to Mabul, the prices have increased a lot since there are only 3 resorts in the island....think I'll stay off the island for a very very long time......

Hi, I noticed my favorite dive opp Smart Divers decreased (20$ less for a package) prices for divers since january. But increases for non-divers ;-)

Actually there are 4 (if not more) resorts on Mabul.

Borneo Divers Mabul Islands Resort
Sipadan-Mabul Resort (SMART)
Sipadan Water Villages
Mabul Waterbungalows

Back
Top Bottom