Malaysia! Everyone there post here

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

lanun:
i'm in Penang, keeping the mrs company as she studies for finals. last dive was at Tioman Island. next dive might be Payar (but i heard now there's only the arm-an-a-leg operator there), Redang (curios about the work CoralCay is doing), or, err, now this is a tough one, ... Tioman when the season first opens :eyebrow: . i just love the place.

i change my mind. i think i'll just jump in the pool next week. ahhh, to get wet again :)

Lanun, why there's "only the arm an a leg operator" in Payar? I don't understand that expression. Could you please explain? Thanks very much.

I plan to visit that island before Chinese New Year.

Ah, my love life catches up with me! Actually my sizzling hot relationship with the diver from Tokyo fizzled shortly after she arrived here. At least we had fun diving with one another.

The woman I'm referring to from Malaysia is most likely not a romantic interest (due to age differences) but she is a nice person and loves to dive. I'm always game to let the ladies (or gents) show me their local spots if I'm traveling!

Thanks for the welcome. I do hope to get out there sometime this year if schedules work out.

Dr. Bill

fishnchips:
Dr. Bill, You are always welcome to MAlaysia. We have many beautiful islands and great scuba diving locations. Come to Tioman in April. I am sure you will enjoy the diving there.

Question, I thought you are having this long distance sizzling romantic relationship with someone in Japan? And you are coming to Malaysia to check out our local cuties? Naughty - naughty! You the man Dr. Bill!

It's great to see that Malaysia is getting more & more attention & known! Apart from the ladies, there are so many, nice dive destinations here!

DrBill - I'm sure, you're aware that there are a lot of signs that says, "AWAS" during your short visit here! It means, "Asian Women Are Sexy!". :wink:

For those of you, who haven't been to Malaysia. Better start planning your trip here! All Are Welcome! :multi:

Happy Diving!

Ed. :scubadive:

"Selamat Datang!" It means, "Welcome!".

All are welcome to Malaysia! Dan! On behalf of all the Malaysian Divers, we would like to thank you for posting this thread. "Terima Kasih!", I'm sure you'll figured that out!

Malaysia has been visited by many, including David Doubilet, Stan Waterman & the man himself, Jacques-Yves Cousteau! Malaysia has many amazing dive destinations and is consider as one of the best around the world!

Malaysia is a multi racial & multi cultural country! You'll be able to see & learn about the different customs & cultures that each race practices. Eventhough we may have different customs, cultures & religions, we live in prefect harmony! Respecting each other has been a big part of our lives!

Apart from diving, Malaysia has lots of good food & interesting places to visit! Standing tall is the "Petronas Twin Tower", once the tallest builiding in the world! Hollywood even made a movie (The Entrapment) with it, which starring the gorgeous Catherine Zeta Jones & the even cool looking, Sean Connery.

Well! What are all of you waiting for? Starting planning your next trip here! May it be for diving or sightseeing! Malaysia, Welcomes You!

Happy Diving & Keep Those Bubbles Flowing!

Ocean Xplorer.

Ed_Dman:
"Asian Women Are Sexy!". :wink:

For those of you, who haven't been to Malaysia. Better start planning your trip here! All Are Welcome! :mulEd. :scubadive:

Yeah, I always was amazed while living in Kuantan. the Malay women dress very consevatively...except for the hostesses on Malaysian Airlines. Holy frejoles!! Those tight serongs....

fishnchips:
... why there's "only the arm an a leg operator" in Payar? I don't understand that expression. Could you please explain?

arm an a leg as in 'cost me an arm and a leg', in other words 'expensive' :wink:

there used to be 2 larger operators (i am not including ProDive and other who operate offa East Marine boat). the DS told me only the platform operator runs dive ops now. last time i went with them, cost me an arm and a leg.

drbill:
What is the status at Tioman? I heard there are plans to develop a resort there which may seriously affect the diving.

lemme ask someone who's in Tioman (he was on the island a week ago, at least).

on a side note - i read your website - hilarious ! i was actually looking for the kelp forest DVD. i have a few of the Monterey Bay but none from the Catalinas.

holler when you make it here.

Hi guys!!!

From Malaysia, last dive was in Payar last year :( But i did just get wet last week in a pool to test out all the new equipment i bought :) :)

Looks like this year i won't be able to dive in Malaysia much. Moving to Bangkok for some time.

Hope to be able to dive in Tenggol soon. Heard very good reviews from those who tried it. Any one here been to Tenggol??

aaronkok:
Hi guys!!!

From Malaysia, last dive was in Payar last year :( But i did just get wet last week in a pool to test out all the new equipment i bought :) :)

Looks like this year i won't be able to dive in Malaysia much. Moving to Bangkok for some time.

Hope to be able to dive in Tenggol soon. Heard very good reviews from those who tried it. Any one here been to Tenggol??

Hey Aaron!

You might wanna reconsider moving to Bangkok before you dive in Tenggol! I was in Tenggol for almost every other week, the past 2 years. It's my favorite destination and the best diving on the Peninsular Of Malaysia. It was even voted by Asian Divers, "The Best Diving On The Peninsular Malaysia" in 2002.

It's a fantastic place, but some will tell you that it's too much to handle because of the constant strong current. Tenggol has a reputation of being, a demanding dive destination, but if you can overcome that, I'm sure you're gonna love it! :wink:

Tenggol is really quiet and unspoiled. Not many people (even Malaysians) know or dare to dive in Tenggol due top the strong currents. I just simply enjoy it! The only setback would be, the sand flies & limited facilities! Other than that, it's fantastic! I even get the pleasure of watching a turtle lay eggs & the hatching of baby turtles. Now, that's not something that you get to see everyday!

I hope you'll get to go before moving to Bangkok!

Happy Diving & Keep Those Bubbles Flowing!

Ed. :scubadive:

ED,

That's what i heard, But since not many people are willing to go tenggol, it should remain untouched for some time. :wink: Tho heard the prices are not cheap.

I will be back!! Its only a temp move :) I still have lots of places in Malaysia where i have yet to dive in.

Back
Top Bottom